Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Supplier recognition - SJS Cycles

I just wanted to give some recognition to SJS Cycles, for their service and stock availability, not for big expensive stuff, but those smaller items like ball bearings for my Shimano hubs. Great to know that there are still companies out there selling small service items so you can maintain your equipment on a budget.

Before anyone asks, I have no affiliation with the company whatsoever but wanted to help others identify an option on where they can get parts.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Shades | 3 years ago
2 likes

Stumbled across them last year looking for Carradice gear and have now discovered they're great for spares as well.  Their Instagram feeds have the odd pics of hard-core touring cyclists on Thorn bikes in far-flung places.  Not the prettiest bikes but obviously bomb proof if you fancy nipping across Mongolia; I also now understand about Rohloffs.

kevvjj | 3 years ago
5 likes

Agreed. They're my go to shop for all those little bits and pieces that allow you to repair something rather than throw it away, such as pedal axles (and the tiny ball bearings that go with them), derailleur cage plates and springs etc. Brilliant shop.

Secret_squirrel | 3 years ago
3 likes

100% agree.

AFAIK Its partly because they have a large touring customer base from their Thorn brand.  Not just the newest shiny shiny from the big boys.

Great for weird and wonderful lighting and dyno parts.

ktache replied to Secret_squirrel | 3 years ago
1 like

They have everything you need for the rohloff, and lots of weird stuff that others don't stock.  And they will try hard to get it too.

I tend to save up my orders from them as there seems to be no small amount anyway that gets you free p+p.  Fair enough.

franta | 3 years ago
0 likes

Yes, they have an awesome product selections. I would buy from them if the delivery costs to Norway were not eyewatering expensive (£38 delivery for a 24t chainring costing £12, for example).

kil0ran | 3 years ago
6 likes

They're completely awesome. Not the fastest delivery, but alongside Spa Cycles the only place you can get many service parts if you want to do the work yourself. I've bought so much stuff from them over the years - particularly touring-related things like weird mudguard accessories and dyno lighting kit. They're basically the A-Team of cycle fettling.

wtjs replied to kil0ran | 3 years ago
2 likes

Agreed- both SJSC and Spa are great!

Latest Comments