Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Criterium du Dauphine stage 6

Well the usual breakaway for this stage, but will it last or will the likes of OPQS come to the fore so Meersman can all but wrap up the points jersey.

Decision time for transfers, no doubt there will be a lot of people swapping Bertie / JRod for Froome / Valverde.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

39 comments

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Froome
Konig
porte
Barguil
Meersman(De Gendt)
Janse Van Rensburg
Navarro (Pinotti)
Veilleux
Fairly

Not gone uber sprinty, trying to think about the last few stages, wanted Damuseau but already got 2 Argos riders.
Brought in Navarro, just to be different.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Froome
Meersman(fugslang)
Dennis
Damuseau (Konig)
Kwiatkowski
Fonseca
Veilleux
Cunego
Clement

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Froome
EBH (for Porte)
Meersman (for Valverde)
Viviani (for Elissonde)
Geslin (for Pinotti)
Barguil
Fonseca
Barhana
Veilleux

Big risk today banking on a sprint finish. Hoping that by having EBH and Viviani as well as the obvious Meersman I make up some ground on those above me. Also brought in Geslin as he's cheap and has shown fairly well in the sprints.

cherrypicked | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looking for a Van rensburg Viviani Meersman 1-2-3 with Vachon thrown in there somewhere as well. Along with damuseau and veilleux in the break. And if froome, Porte and Dennis can manage some finish line points then that would top it off....

johnny2names replied to cherrypicked | 10 years ago
0 likes
cherrypicked wrote:

Looking for a Van rensburg Viviani Meersman 1-2-3 with Vachon thrown in there somewhere as well. Along with damuseau and veilleux in the break. And if froome, Porte and Dennis can manage some finish line points then that would top it off....

Oh yes, very similar here.. Although I've gone bouhanni over viviani, couldnt help myself, im a bit frog you see  1

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

I've one eye on the following two stages with my transfers, but have a couple of lads who should be mixing it at the finish for a podium spot.

I've not gone for Bouhanni, which may be a mistake as he seems very lively, if still lacking a degree of nous - he definitely wants something out of this tour and a stage win tomorrow would fit the bill. Still, I haven't picked him

Raleigh | 10 years ago
0 likes

So here are my picks.

Contador will be smarting from today's second place, so will definitely put his Saxo Bank team on the front in the last 35km to set him up for a win today. He'll want to show SKY that he can compete at next year's tour.

You'll definitely want Simon Clarke in your team, he has a proven history on finished like these, not having him would be throwing points away!

My bet for a podium place is Laurens Ten Dam, those of you who follow him on strava will see that he's put a lot of work in before this tour, but he's yet to get his hands in the air. Expect to see him well up there.

Timbo13 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Colours. Mast.

Made my decision: Porte and Fulsgang out, Meersman & Matthews in.

Froome
Matthews
Barhane
Kwiatkowski
Meersman
Veilleux
Damuseau
Konig
Vachon

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thinking about dropping Valverde actually and Porte (plus Pinotti and Elissonde) to bring in some sprinters but tomorrow isn't a long stage and I don't want to go all in on sprinters and have it backfire. The annoying thing is that Porte is just on the cusp of being worth keeping, his 9 GC points are handy but not a great return on his cost. Likewise Valverde, he's expensive but could mix it up at the finish tomorrow but at 40 credits he'll need to finish highly (top 10?) to be worth keeping in.

EBH, Meersmam and Viviani are all going well as are the likes of Gallopin and Matthews so there's plenty of choice but tomorrow may be a break day. Sky won't want to work too hard and at only 143km someone like OPQS will have to control it from the gun.

Leaning towards sprinters but I don't want to risk too much and lose my top ten place. Decisions decisions  39

Pages

Latest Comments