Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Vätternrundan 2013

The old saying of "Snooze you lose" springs to mind!

I was going to sign up for the Vätternrundan in Sweden. If you don't know, this is the largest recreational bicycle ride in the world with a 300km ride around Lake Vättern with 21000 riders (+ 2000 Swedish Classic riders). It sold out in 2 hours 45 mins.  20

The moral of this story is, don't agree to look after the kids (school inset day) when there are more important things to be getting on with.....  3

www.vatternrundan.se/en/

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Giusto | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've been to Sweden a couple of times and the surroundings are just beautiful. The only downside were the gravel roads typical to Swedish countryside as they tend to turn into mud when raining. Hope they don't include these non paved sections this year.

pennycomins replied to Giusto | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hi,

The route is entirely paved, so no change of muddy dirt roads. They are smooth and pothole free making for a speedy trip and minimal vibrations. Something that is a pleasure 300km in.

I hope you have entered and are training for this amazing event!

Kind regards,

Penny

pennycomins | 11 years ago
0 likes

HI,

Vätternrundan is an amazing race and worth the effort to train and chase an entry for. Unlike other sportives the race organisers re-fill cancelations so you should contact the organisers and see if they have any places. Explain that you are a an overseas entry and that will help your case too as they want to have more international flavour to the race.

If you have any other questions then please let me know and I will try to help you best I can.

Kind regards,

Penny

Latest Comments