Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Liege - Bastogne - Liege 2012

Will Monsieur Gilbert finally win a first place?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

166 comments

Alan Tullett replied to macauley ley | 12 years ago
0 likes
macauley ley wrote:

i wouldnt keep j-rod,look at his result in amstel gold,far enough he won fleche wallone,but thats only because he likes the really steep finishes,liege is about the longer climbs

He was 2nd in 2009, behind A Schleck. And he wasn't on very good form that year.

macauley ley | 12 years ago
0 likes

just want to throw this out there ....

schlecks prefer liege-bastogne-liege to the other ardennes classics and have always performed better here than the previous three classics.And if your stuck with which one to pick well.....andy has won liege before and has said before he would really like his brother to win it,and also you can see in video's from last year he did most of the pulling on the front,and also led out the sprint for schleck(the less said about that the better).

hope this plays on your mind while picking transfers  3

TERatcliffe26 replied to macauley ley | 12 years ago
0 likes
macauley ley wrote:

just want to throw this out there ....

schlecks prefer liege-bastogne-liege to the other ardennes classics and have always performed better here than the previous three classics.And if your stuck with which one to pick well.....andy has won liege before and has said before he would really like his brother to win it,and also you can see in video's from last year he did most of the pulling on the front,and also led out the sprint for schleck(the less said about that the better).

hope this plays on your mind while picking transfers  3

Seems your trying to put me off my game, been as though I have F Schleck.....although I think I will still axe him and execute my planned team...including sticking with J-Rod

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Its not one of my wind up's, i'm looking at Valverde aswell

But Henao is not on my radar, he was in my team for Amstel and on my shortlist of FW, not this time

mancsi | 12 years ago
0 likes

Would imagine Scarponi will be pretty goosed too after todays EPIC climb in the Giro del Trentoni! Along side Cunego and Kreuziger, it made my wince just watching it! So cant imagine he'll he at the top for the LBL! I could be very wrong tho!

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think Gerrans is back as well, unless he was in FW but didnt bother trying ?

My personal choice for the win is Valverde and the young lad from Sky - Henao. He seems quite suited to these type of races.

Alan Tullett replied to Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

I think Gerrans is back as well, unless he was in FW but didnt bother trying ?

My personal choice for the win is Valverde and the young lad from Sky - Henao. He seems quite suited to these type of races.

This is prob. a Gkam style wind-up but....

Valverde on Twitter: My legs are not yet as well as I would like them to be but I hope to be better on Sunday in Liege!

But you never know with him!

Henao - cheap, if you want 3 expensive stars as I did last time with Duarte. (Couldn't quite afford Henao or I would have had him but I think LBL might be a bit too much for him.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I wouldn't bank on Cunego and Kreuziger 1, showing up and 2, putting in a decent performance because of their efforts the last couple of days in Trentino. It doesn't finish until Friday with both of them being in the top 5 in the GC, i don't see them leaving the race early

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

Why doesn't everyone buy the shreks? . . .then you can all share in my 'good' fortune.  3  3  3

Gkam84 replied to JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Why doesn't everyone buy the shreks? . . .then you can all share in my 'good' fortune.  3  3  3

Great nickname for them at the moment as they look like they are cycling through swamps and not on roads, but then these are just warm up races for them, they dont seem to be targeting the wins

enrique | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ok, if I'm right, the following riders are returning for LBL and did not race La Fleche, at least they appear on the game start list as participating:

Damiano Cunego
Simon Gerrans
Johnny Hoogerland
Roman Kreuziger
Samuel Sanchez
Michele Scarponi
Thomas Voeckler

Any other big names missing?...

stumps wrote:

I think Gerrans is back as well...

Thanks!

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gilbert will probably finish right up the top 10 BUT a) he is v v expensive and b) he doesn't seem to have the legs to sprint at the end. Then again, if he does win, he would be worth the 40 points.

Dan Martin looks interesting but I don't think I will have the points to select him.

Alan Tullett replied to londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

Gilbert will probably finish right up the top 10 BUT a) he is v v expensive and b) he doesn't seem to have the legs to sprint at the end. Then again, if he does win, he would be worth the 40 points.

Dan Martin looks interesting but I don't think I will have the points to select him.

6, 3, ?
Seems to be a progression. More worried about whether to keep Purito now he's won. Martin does look interesting along with Cunego. Both quite pricey though!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I had him in my team for Amstel and FW, he'll be staying in for LBL because i think he's got a chance

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I also won't be bothering to pick up Gilly for this race, too expensive. I'll be going for someone much cheaper  4

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nope, I think someone else will in, who will be in my team

Pages

Latest Comments