Home

Will Monsieur Gilbert finally win a first place?

166 comments

TERatcliffe26 [4698 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Nope, I think someone else will in, who will be in my team

drheaton [3318 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I also won't be bothering to pick up Gilly for this race, too expensive. I'll be going for someone much cheaper  4

Gkam84 [9098 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I had him in my team for Amstel and FW, he'll be staying in for LBL because i think he's got a chance

londonplayer [621 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Gilbert will probably finish right up the top 10 BUT a) he is v v expensive and b) he doesn't seem to have the legs to sprint at the end. Then again, if he does win, he would be worth the 40 points.

Dan Martin looks interesting but I don't think I will have the points to select him.

JAndrewHill [1212 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Why doesn't everyone buy the shreks? . . .then you can all share in my 'good' fortune.  3 3 3

0 likes

I wouldn't bank on Cunego and Kreuziger 1, showing up and 2, putting in a decent performance because of their efforts the last couple of days in Trentino. It doesn't finish until Friday with both of them being in the top 5 in the GC, i don't see them leaving the race early

0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Why doesn't everyone buy the shreks? . . .then you can all share in my 'good' fortune.  3 3 3

Great nickname for them at the moment as they look like they are cycling through swamps and not on roads, but then these are just warm up races for them, they dont seem to be targeting the wins

Stumps [3463 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I think Gerrans is back as well, unless he was in FW but didnt bother trying ?

My personal choice for the win is Valverde and the young lad from Sky - Henao. He seems quite suited to these type of races.

mancsi [97 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Would imagine Scarponi will be pretty goosed too after todays EPIC climb in the Giro del Trentoni! Along side Cunego and Kreuziger, it made my wince just watching it! So cant imagine he'll he at the top for the LBL! I could be very wrong tho!

enrique [2383 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Ok, if I'm right, the following riders are returning for LBL and did not race La Fleche, at least they appear on the game start list as participating:

Damiano Cunego
Simon Gerrans
Johnny Hoogerland
Roman Kreuziger
Samuel Sanchez
Michele Scarponi
Thomas Voeckler

Any other big names missing?...

stumps wrote:

I think Gerrans is back as well...

Thanks!

Alan Tullett [1570 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

Gilbert will probably finish right up the top 10 BUT a) he is v v expensive and b) he doesn't seem to have the legs to sprint at the end. Then again, if he does win, he would be worth the 40 points.

Dan Martin looks interesting but I don't think I will have the points to select him.

6, 3, ?
Seems to be a progression. More worried about whether to keep Purito now he's won. Martin does look interesting along with Cunego. Both quite pricey though!

Alan Tullett [1570 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

I think Gerrans is back as well, unless he was in FW but didnt bother trying ?

My personal choice for the win is Valverde and the young lad from Sky - Henao. He seems quite suited to these type of races.

This is prob. a Gkam style wind-up but....

Valverde on Twitter: My legs are not yet as well as I would like them to be but I hope to be better on Sunday in Liege!

But you never know with him!

Henao - cheap, if you want 3 expensive stars as I did last time with Duarte. (Couldn't quite afford Henao or I would have had him but I think LBL might be a bit too much for him.

0 likes

Its not one of my wind up's, i'm looking at Valverde aswell

But Henao is not on my radar, he was in my team for Amstel and on my shortlist of FW, not this time

macauley ley [26 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

just want to throw this out there ....

schlecks prefer liege-bastogne-liege to the other ardennes classics and have always performed better here than the previous three classics.And if your stuck with which one to pick well.....andy has won liege before and has said before he would really like his brother to win it,and also you can see in video's from last year he did most of the pulling on the front,and also led out the sprint for schleck(the less said about that the better).

hope this plays on your mind while picking transfers  3

0 likes
macauley ley wrote:

just want to throw this out there ....

schlecks prefer liege-bastogne-liege to the other ardennes classics and have always performed better here than the previous three classics.And if your stuck with which one to pick well.....andy has won liege before and has said before he would really like his brother to win it,and also you can see in video's from last year he did most of the pulling on the front,and also led out the sprint for schleck(the less said about that the better).

hope this plays on your mind while picking transfers  3

Seems your trying to put me off my game, been as though I have F Schleck.....although I think I will still axe him and execute my planned team...including sticking with J-Rod

0 likes

i wouldnt keep j-rod,look at his result in amstel gold,far enough he won fleche wallone,but thats only because he likes the really steep finishes,liege is about the longer climbs

0 likes

you have left me 3 options, Schleck and a german, schleck and an italian or J-Rod and an Italian.

Also is L-B-L a step too far for a certain Italian, if he is there at the finish I think he could win again, but will he be there? after all he managed 11th at FW though as well. I could go safer and go Gerrans or go Henao....hmmm options

0 likes

the certain italian im guessing is gasparotto,i think he's a good person to have in your team,last year he was with the leading group but was caught between waiting for his team leader 'vino' or staying. he is also in much better form this year,he could be one to watch!

0 likes

I doubt i'm keeping J-Rod, Gilbert will be my only star i'm keeping at this moment, but 2 days to decide  26

0 likes

im waiting this time aswell,i made the mistake of doing my transfers as soon as amstel finished and then sanchez and gerrans didnt do fleche wallone  2

0 likes

I think my biggest decision is the italian DS or german DS, would love to have both but cant afford

chrisdstripes [1738 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

There are also a few guys who missed Fleche Wallone in favour of the Trentino, but will be back in the Ardennes for LBL on Sunday. Including a teammate and possible team leader of this certain Italian mentioned above... Will it help or hinder his prospects?

Rolland, Cunego and Dupont are among those riding well in the Trentino - can they do anything in Liege?

0 likes

i dont think any one in the trentino can do much in liege cause trentino is really hard and also finishes on friday,so cant see them having the legs to stay with people who have had a rest since wednesday.may be proven wrong though

0 likes

i know who you mean,i would go with the italian !

Montana Carrot [31 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Had 7 riders score at FW so looking good with no grey outs. Bummed I decided to go with Gilbert instead of J. Rod. I will probably stick with it though.
Italian DS = Nocentini?
German DS= Wegmann

If so I say Nocentini. I picked him up after Amstel.

20thebear [54 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

I can't believe anyone who has ridden Trentino will do well in lbl. Those that saw the Trentino climb yesterday will understand. I think they have another climb like that again today.

ray silvester [1836 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Nibali's favourite classic so he's a must.

0 likes

You have the German DS correct. But the Italian is not Nocentini, slightly cheaper than him.

Im not gonna go Nibali I don't think, would mean axing both Schleck and Rodriguez and then have only one DS change and wouldn't be able to afford to bring in the DS I want

ray silvester [1836 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

Happy with

Gilbert
Nibali
Jeannesson
Gerrans

Kreder
Arashiro
Albasini
Florencio
Lofqvist

1 transfer left so may swap Lofqvist if no more greys.

chrisdstripes [1738 posts] 5 years ago
0 likes

TER - Is your Italian DS a teammate of Cunego's? Who got points for me in our Vasco game, and La Fleche? I like playing the guessing game!

I have a good feeling about 3 top stars, question is - do I pick all three, leaving me only able to afford cheap DS unlikely to score, or do I stick with just 2 of them and inevitably drop the winner?! I have 5 transfers and no greyed-out riders, and my team scored over 100 in La Fleche Wallone, which should be a good position to be in. A more experienced player would probably cash in, but for me there are just way too many options so I'm bound to pick the wrong one!

Pages