Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris Nice Stage 2

Well after nearly 140 quotes on the prologue / stage 1 post lets see what people are doing for stage 2. It's the only flat stage for the sprinters so who's in and who's out for tommorow.  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

89 comments

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've got De Gendt and I'm going to stick with him for a while yet. Taaramae is a bit pricey.

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I got slated yesterday for sort of telling people to stick with TeeJay....After a weird day of racing,I surprisingly find myself leading our version of Paris- Nice....
Todays tip is find the money for Taaramae...He is that price for a reason...the guy is good.....  3

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Another thing to bear in mind with Taaramae is that when he's in a race that has a young rider's classification, you have a good chance of some extra points there... which could make him a more attractive buy than others at a similar price  3

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Right i can decide, do i go

Tony Martin for Levi Leipheimer
Samuel Dumoulin for Tom Boonen
Luis Leon Sanchez for Tejay van Garderen

Or

Replace Tony Martin with Thomas de Gendt
Replace Samuel Dumoulin with Rein Taaramae
Replace Luis Leon Sanchez with Levi Leipheimer

Or Keep Martin and get shot of the other 2, i still think LL has something to offer, but i might be able to make some more with some risks, I'm going to keep my DS switch quiet though

d_jp | 12 years ago
0 likes

A weird day... only 79 points but up one place in Regional league & up eight in Overall! How did I manage that...?!?  39

OK, so two changes for tomorrow.. hope they're more successful  3

nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ditto

101 points (= 197th on stage), made up 2.5 places on overall, including closing a gap of 47 points to be equal second.

Now just a Tom Boonen & John Degenkolb away from the top spot. (If only)

Gkam84 replied to Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

I've got De Gendt and I'm going to stick with him for a while yet. Taaramae is a bit pricey.

If you have De Gendt, might aswell keep him for at least tomorrow, but as you say, Taaramae is far to expensive to take a punt on this season, He was good value last year, but as with all riders who even had a hint of doing well last year, their value is now prohibitive

drheaton replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

I got slated yesterday for sort of telling people to stick with TeeJay....After a weird day of racing,I surprisingly find myself leading our version of Paris- Nice....
Todays tip is find the money for Taaramae...He is that price for a reason...the guy is good.....  3

In fairness, I swapped TJvG for Boonen and did well out of it but my Hushovd for Martin transfer was less successful. Hopefully Hushovd will do better over the next few days.

I'll be trying to squeeze Taarame into my team later in the week but not just yet  1

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

and I dropped Montfort, so he's bound to win. . .

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Its all going wrong, Wiggo is only guy i have  2

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

De Gendt got some more KOM points today, Kittel is at the back

nickobec | 12 years ago
0 likes

Happy with Boonen and Degenkolb in the break, 2 out 3 likely top 3 finishers.

But other than TJVG only 3 riders in break and scoring potential

veseunr | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wiggins just won an intermediate sprint!  13

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Levi just confirming in interview the Tony Martin is the leader of OPQ this year.........Where is he?? out the back, great team work  19

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

33km to go, the leaders have 2.20 gap, so there are your top 20 riders, 1 guy is not going to score

0 likes

I couldn't decide betweem kittel or rojas today . . . . and rojas could take the 35pts. #weeps
 20  20  20

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hmmmm, got Wiggo and Phinney in the lead group. C'mon Phinney, win the stage  45

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wiggo winning the stage is the best as that would limit my losses to everyone else who has other riders in the lead group

0 likes

Come on, errmmm, let's see who is in my team, ah yes, come on TJ

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm not delighted with only having Wiggo up front, but i'm happier that none of the guys who can sprint and will have been transferred in today by some others are there  19

msw | 12 years ago
0 likes

Happy that Vanmarcke's in there given what happened last time he sprinted against Boonen... but shouldn't think he stands a chance against Rojas or Degenkolb.

0 likes

Got Wiggins, Boonen and Phinney. Transferred out Westra for Kristoff, but not as bad as some. Hoping Boonen, Phinney 1-2. De Gendt got some mountain points and will stay KOM. It's something. The only predictable thing about Paris-Nice is its unpredictability!! This is real racing!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Boonen wins, 2 scorers for me today then, Martin gets 5 points and then whatever Wiggo gets

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Boonen wins  16

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Group comes in 2.30 down, so your top 20 riders will also be the top 20 GC

0 likes

Boonen, Rojas, Degenkolb

Got the winner and Wiggins in yellow!!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

1. Boonen
2. Rojas
3. Degenkolb
4. Vanmarcke
5. Gavazzi
6. Vicioso
7. Monfort
8. Phinney
9. Valverde
10. Thomas

0 likes

Has road.cc put the points up yet. ???  4  4  4

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

I had Wiggins, Leipheimer, & Phinney so not too bad, but not as good as some others.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

To 10 GC

Wiggo
Leipheimer +6
Boonen +7
Van Garderen +11
Chavanel +14
Monfort + 18
Phinney +21
Westra +22
Thomas +28