Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Communicating with Hunt Wheels & Hunt no longer on Twitter?

Ordered some wheels from Hunt, tracking says they are delivered and that I signed for them, I am about 30 miles from home - either courier has left with a neighbour or dumped over the fence but since I won't be home until 6pm (when Hunt are closed), and I need the wheels tomorrow, I wanted to contact them to see if they have more tracking info.

Online chat gets no response, phone isn't being answered and their Twitter account has been deleted.

Has something happened since yesterday or is this a Friday afternoon thing? (to be honest if I could I'd be out on the bike or in a pub right now).

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

Boombang | 4 years ago
0 likes

Hunt willing to replace or refund, gone with the refund and will work out what doing in terms of wheels once back from my trip.   Current thinking is get bearings sorted in the DTs and ride them until they fall apart.

dave atkinson | 4 years ago
0 likes

We once got sent a set of £5k Reynolds wheels for review and the address was incomplete on the label. The courier just left them in the porch of a house down the road. It wasn't until they asked for them back that we even knew they'd been sent.

re: longevity issues on Hunt wheels. Maybe we've just been lucky, maybe you've been unlucky. But I've had several sets of Hunt wheels that I've put thousands of kilometres into with no issues at all. If we test something and we get issues later on, we do update the review to reflect that. But we can't review everyone's wheels, only the ones we have.

Boombang | 4 years ago
0 likes

Have a few reasons for ordering the Hunts - needed wheels by this Wednesday (they had stock), the XC rims I have from them are doing well, their customer service is supposeadly great (so if have issues then can get sorted).  Either way as it seems unlikely they will be sorted before I go away they will go back to Hunt and I'll sort something else when back from holiday.  

My current DT Swiss rims have done 5k+ miles, brake track only shows slight wear, they have stayed pretty true even with a low spoke count and being 1500g,  and they have always rolled very very well.  The other DT's I have for off-road haven't stayed quite as true but were cheap as chips and have taken an absolute battering.  I'll probably be throwing my money their way.

Zermattjohn | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've commented on another thread about Hunt wheels on here, but here's my impressions. I've no confidence in their wheels, and the only reason I still have a pair is because the set I am on at the moment (the 4th replacement set) seem to be running ok. They have very poor longevity, so while the reviewers get a pair which look great and ride lovely for their test period, if they were to do a long term test I expect they'd have a different opinion.

Someone above has mentioned their great customer service. It is great - you email/call and they'll probably sort you out very quickly, sending out replacement parts, arranging to have the wheel collected for inspection, even replacing them entirely. Thing is I'd rather not need to know how good their after-sales care is, I just want a set of reliable wheels. I've no idea what Shimano customer care is, because I've never had cause to contact them. I have a feeling they're fighting against the tide of problems by just constantly replacing wheels that have problems.

Go handbuilt. Same price, far better quality.

Chris Hayes | 4 years ago
0 likes

Better off buying handbuilt wheels.  I bought some Kinlins on decent hubs from Harry Rowland for circa £300...they're superb - and I think that they're the same rims that Hunt uses on some of its wheels...

jamesfifield | 4 years ago
0 likes

I hope you were able to sort it out in the end.
For future reference, I have used the online message function on Hunts website, emailed directly, and also have spoken to very helpful staff over the phone. Each time they answered promptly. 
I have two sets of their MTB wheels and have been impressed so far. 

Grahamd | 4 years ago
0 likes

Friend of mine had Hunts and they were appreciably faster, however he had a couple of spokes break on his rear wheel, after about 2 years light usage, ruining the rear wheel, Dura Ace rear derailleur, chain and cassette. So an expensive failure. Hunt did offer to replace the wheel for about £50, but confidence in the brand gone. 

Inspection of the rims did show considerable wear on the brake track, significantly more than on my similar age Shimano wheels, despite me being heavier and covering more miles.

Xenophon2 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Same thing happened to me years ago with a package containing a +- 4000 EUR telephoto lens left in front of my door in the center of Brussels, red warning sticker saying that the item should only be handed over after positive verification of id and upon signature clearly visible.  Everything was still there, 5 hours after I supposedly had signed off.  Driver had simply scribbled something on the delivery slip.  Reported it, no idea what they did.

On another note I'm becoming a bit anxious after reading about all of these issues with Hunt wheelsets despite the glowing reviews on various sites and forums.  Have a set on order, we'll see.

Pilot Pete | 4 years ago
0 likes

Had this twice with deliveries from Wiggle who used Hermes. Twice the tracking info said the package had been delivered and signed for - which is a lie because there was no one in and the signatures were obviously made up by the courier. It took three days of waiting around with the tracking info claiming my parcel was out for delivery within a certain time window, which never materialised and I was still getting such messages for the package even after it was delivered and actually signed for! Appalling. Wiggle sorted the problem and we’re launching an investigation into the courier. I suspect it is a common problem and Wiggle presumably lost out on one package as they had to send a replacement, so unless the original was somehow returned to them, it’s cost them the goods and time.

PP

Boombang | 4 years ago
1 like

Instructions for signature only. I actually am home for most of the day tomorrow but Hunt sent the wheels early.

Hunt paid for the courier so they can have the argument with them if they want, my goal at the moment is getting the wheels sent back before go away later in the week.

Wonder if Hunt would be happy for me to leave them outside the front of my house for the courier to collect?

Spangly Shiny | 4 years ago
1 like

A courier signing off a POD is technically fraud and is a sackable violation. If, however there are leave safe instructions, the courier is within his /her rights to leave.

Worth asking the delivery company for full tracking info on the package.

Dingaling | 4 years ago
1 like

So the courier signs for them and leaves them, presumably, in clear view (to get nicked). Does he get to keep his job? I would certainly put in a complaint to the delivery company.

Boombang | 4 years ago
1 like

Courier signed for them and left them outside the front of the house, thakfully they were still there when somebody got home some hours later.

Unfortunately quite a few sharp edges around the edge of the brake track where the tyre would sit so still need to get in contact with Hunt.

Tried their contact form a few times but the captcha timed out so also dropped them an email just now in hope it goes through.

Woldsman | 4 years ago
0 likes

Did this have a happy ending? Hunt Bike Wheels are still on Instagram if that’s any use:

https://www.instagram.com/huntbikewheels/

Drinfinity | 4 years ago
0 likes

So were they there then?

Latest Comments