Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Are Race view cycles the worst online retailer ever?

"bought" a frame at the start of December, website said it was "in stock".   Week later, nothing.  Rang and rang and rang, finally got throught to "john" who I now know is Fraser Wilson of Shiny Bikes!   Was told lies and given tracking numbers for other people's orders (not my own order) 

Its the middle of january now, still nothing .   Fraudsters!!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

21 comments

yourcompadre | 7 years ago
1 like

My experience was not as bad as others on this site and yes I joined to give my experience.  I ordered a Tacx Genius Smart Trainer T2080 on 4th January and received it on January 18th.  Pretty happy with the turn around time.  It's not amazon but I knew it wouldn't be.  The pro is that I got it for $695 including shipping versus $849 on Amazon.  The con was the poor communication around the procurement. I had to chase to get an update from John and it sat in processing until I got the shipping notification.  The con I believe can be worked on but I got worried when I read this site and feel sorry for those that have had worse experience than me

Marcus7777 | 7 years ago
2 likes

Yep they are the worst in my option mate ... complete shower of shits .... had same problem with my order. Will never order again from them.  Dishonest and the amount of fake positive reviews they posted pissed me off... what a load of billions !  Does this guy FRAZER think we are all suckers?  Maybe I will mail him some crayons and a colouring book, that night be more his level.  If you read the old thread they used to be shiny bikes .... can't believe he was threatening people for posting their experiences..tosser!

srchar | 7 years ago
4 likes

The earlier thread (here: http://road.cc/content/forum/176025-anyone-ordered-raceview-cycles-co-an...) is well worth a read. Unfortunately it has now slipped from the top spot when you search Google and now lies second.

Race View denied being a continuation of the equally crap Shiny Bikes, threatened legal action against me and some other posters, then edited their posts after evidence was posted linking the two companies.

I don't care how cheap their gear is, it's not cheap enough to warrant buying from an unreliable bunch of liars and thieves.

And Race View, if you're reading this, feel free to "identify IP addresses" and give the details to your "company solicitor".

SHAUNAM replied to srchar | 7 years ago
1 like

srchar wrote:

The earlier thread (here: http://road.cc/content/forum/176025-anyone-ordered-raceview-cycles-co-an...) is well worth a read. Unfortunately it has now slipped from the top spot when you search Google and now lies second.

Race View denied being a continuation of the equally crap Shiny Bikes, threatened legal action against me and some other posters, then edited their posts after evidence was posted linking the two companies.

I don't care how cheap their gear is, it's not cheap enough to warrant buying from an unreliable bunch of liars and thieves.

And Race View, if you're reading this, feel free to "identify IP addresses" and give the details to your "company solicitor".

Can't believe they were threatening legal action to people posting their honest opinion / reviews of their posts.  Yea I heard they rose out of Shiny Bikes, who completely screwed people over.   

It seems the stuff forsale on their site is getting cheaper and cheaper, would make you wonder where they are getting it from?  Or if the stuff is maybe fake?   Or maybe they don't have any of it in stock at all?  After all I never got my order.   And I have read of so many others who havent either.

MLAPSLEY55 | 7 years ago
1 like

I feel your pain SHAUNAM, I had a similar experience with the dreadful raceview cycles a few months ago.    I hope your credit card reimburses you.  Even if you get your money back it does not compensate for the stress of chasing an order for something so expensive that never turns up.

The more people know about this sham of a company, the more will avoid it, and stop people from having a bad experience.    

So yes, I would agree with you, they are the WORST out there.  Well, definitely in my experience.  

M

Schweiz | 7 years ago
1 like

Great thread team! Lets keep posting and share those experience GOOD and BAD. This site and webpage is the number one place for ROAD bike knowlege beating down all the rest.

riotgibbon | 7 years ago
0 likes

out of curiousity, I clicked on the Trustwave  "Trusted commerce - click to validate" button on the bottom of the page

here's the link:

https://sealserver.trustwave.com/cert.php?customerId=&size=105x54&style=...

seems legit ....

Pbarlow0032 | 7 years ago
0 likes

No, Ubyk are the worst I've come across

realcyclist | 7 years ago
15 likes

I think you guys are being a bit unfair. I had heard a few negative comments about raceview so was naturally apprehensive, but thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt because of the low price. I ordered a Dogma F8 frameset and a SRAM Red eTap groupset to build it up with (had everything else I wanted lying about). I was pleasantly surprised to find that my order arrived promptly, two days before I placed it on the website. Because it arrived so early I hadn't put aside any time to build it so stashed it in the garage (the wife may know nothing about cycling, but she knows big delivery boxes are expensive). Come the weekend and I return to the garage to build her up, to my annoyance I find that all of my tools within a 5 metre radius of the box have been turned to 24 carat gold, which is far too malleable even for my trusty lockring tool. I naturally binned the lot and set off to borrow some tools from a friend in town. On my return I was surprised to meet my previously bedbound, 96 year old, mother in law strolling up the garden path. Apparently her bedroom is directly above where I left the box when I discovered its annoying alchemical properties. Well, now she is mobile and has decided to rediscover the love of her youth, cycling. Conveniently, my wife noticed I now have a 'spare' bike.

3/5 stars - My mother in law won't shut up about how easy gear indexing is when it's wireless

davel replied to realcyclist | 7 years ago
1 like
realcyclist wrote:

I think you guys are being a bit unfair. I had heard a few negative comments about raceview so was naturally apprehensive, but thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt because of the low price. I ordered a Dogma F8 frameset and a SRAM Red eTap groupset to build it up with (had everything else I wanted lying about). I was pleasantly surprised to find that my order arrived promptly, two days before I placed it on the website. Because it arrived so early I hadn't put aside any time to build it so stashed it in the garage (the wife may know nothing about cycling, but she knows big delivery boxes are expensive). Come the weekend and I return to the garage to build her up, to my annoyance I find that all of my tools within a 5 metre radius of the box have been turned to 24 carat gold, which is far too malleable even for my trusty lockring tool. I naturally binned the lot and set off to borrow some tools from a friend in town. On my return I was surprised to meet my previously bedbound, 96 year old, mother in law strolling up the garden path. Apparently her bedroom is directly above where I left the box when I discovered its annoying alchemical properties. Well, now she is mobile and has decided to rediscover the love of her youth, cycling. Conveniently, my wife noticed I now have a 'spare' bike.

3/5 stars - My mother in law won't shut up about how easy gear indexing is when it's wireless

Chapeau

SHAUNAM replied to realcyclist | 7 years ago
0 likes

realcyclist wrote:

I don't think given my bad experience that I am being unfair in the slightest!  Am filling out forms at the moment to claim the money back from my credit card!  How long it will take to get my money back is anyones guess!!  

have now read the other thread too,. so.... what can i say.  Glad you had a better experience than most others?

bogbrush replied to SHAUNAM | 7 years ago
9 likes

SHAUNAM wrote:

realcyclist wrote:

I don't think given my bad experience that I am being unfair in the slightest!  Am filling out forms at the moment to claim the money back from my credit card!  How long it will take to get my money back is anyones guess!!  

have now read the other thread too,. so.... what can i say.  Glad you had a better experience than most others?

This guy

Rapha Nadal replied to SHAUNAM | 7 years ago
1 like

SHAUNAM wrote:

realcyclist wrote:

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCKING FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

VeloPeo replied to realcyclist | 7 years ago
2 likes

realcyclist wrote:

I logged in just to like this  1

T'other thread is here BTW

http://road.cc/content/forum/176025-anyone-ordered-raceview-cycles-co-an...

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
4 likes

Ahh, Race View again! Run by this dude!

//img.memecdn.com/friend-is-bad-luck-brian_o_657608.jpg)

psling | 7 years ago
2 likes

Yes, also got caught out with them (before then reading the long earlier thread about them on here).

The one thing I'd say is that the goods do eventually arrive. Eventually.

I don't know if they're just disorganised or dishonest; perhaps taking orders for in stock items along with payment and then subsequently buying in stock to cover the order - I don't know. They certainly fobbed me off with unlikely excuses like "your order was inadvertently sent to another customer with the same name" - if you know my surname you'd know just how unlikely that would be!! Having said all that, when you do manage to speak to him on the 'phone he is actually quite pleasant but his business practices are certainly not...

Butty | 7 years ago
6 likes

Cue posts  from Ist time posters in the US saying how great the service is.

Rapha Nadal replied to Butty | 7 years ago
3 likes

Butty wrote:

Ha ha ha!!  Every time!

SHAUNAM replied to Rapha Nadal | 7 years ago
2 likes

Rapha Nadal wrote:

Butty wrote:

Ha ha ha!!  Every time!

Seriously??? ahaha that's crazy!!

dottigirl | 7 years ago
4 likes

Report it to your credit card company. Enough problems and the credit facility is removed.

There was a non-complimentary thread about them here or somewhere similar a short time ago. 

SHAUNAM replied to dottigirl | 7 years ago
2 likes
  • dottigirl wrote:

Report it to your credit card company. Enough problems and the credit facility is removed.

There was a non-complimentary thread about them here or somewhere similar a short time ago. 

Yes I will do!  Didn't know there was another thread about them, will have to have a read. Pity  I didn't do my research before I bought the frame!  Thanks Dottigirl 

Latest Comments