Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Campagnolo Delta Brakes - do they work?

I recently broke my wifes rule not to visit ebay while I have a glass of wine in my hand. The result was a delivery of some shiny Campagnolo Delta brakes circa late 80's and a large hole in my bank balance.

While I think they'd look fantastic on my old colnago master the more I read on the web the more worried I become as there are so many stories that, whilst universally accepted as beautiful, they don't actually work. Also I'm not clear if the ones I have, which seem to be quite early ones, will work with modern levers.

If anyone has any first hand knowledge I'd be really grateful to hear your opinion.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

TheHatter | 13 years ago
0 likes

Yes everywhere seems to pile on the cost for postage. I'll try my local ironmongers first see if they have it.
I'm beginning to regret buying the brakes and they may go back on ebay ...but they're just so shiny  7 .

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

Blimey! A fiver for one small allen key… lucky Campag made bits for Lambretta

cat1commuter | 13 years ago
0 likes

Surely it can't be that hard to find a 3.5 mm allen key, now that we have an internet?

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

i remember reading somewhere that it's easier to get an imperial key (9/64) and file it down than it is to get a metric one  1

Fringe | 13 years ago
1 like

i like that "I recently broke my wifes rule not to visit ebay while I have a glass of wine in my hand". sounds like a lot of people i know, myself included...  4

TheHatter replied to Fringe | 13 years ago
1 like
Fringe wrote:

i like that "I recently broke my wifes rule not to visit ebay while I have a glass of wine in my hand". sounds like a lot of people i know, myself included...  4

yes thats actually how I came by the Colnago in the first place.

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
1 like

Ah, the lovely deltas. you've got yourself a 3.5mm allen key then?  1

They *do* work. but you've got to get them set up right and they're much, much better with modern pads fitted.

TheHatter replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

Ah, the lovely deltas. you've got yourself a 3.5mm allen key then?  1

They *do* work. but you've got to get them set up right and they're much, much better with modern pads fitted.

no, I didn't get the allen key included though I know to expect a JR Hatleyesque search to find one. Good tip on the modern pads - I did actually get some genuine replacements but I think I'll invest in some good quality modern pads.

Latest Comments