Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

The Waterproof Socks In Aldi

Great value for money and work a treat or an utter waste of money and are useless?

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Happymanc | 8 years ago
0 likes

First Ride in the Manchester in the wet, Socks were waterproof and feet were dry...  16

timb27 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Bought a pair last time. They were brilliant for approximately 3 rides, and useless ever since. Never owned SS so not sure what I did wrong!

edster99 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I will also report back when its wet!

mike the bike | 8 years ago
0 likes

Surely there's a huge hole at the top?

fukawitribe replied to mike the bike | 8 years ago
0 likes
mike the bike wrote:

Surely there's a huge hole at the top?

True, but you can Marigold* the tops or wear them inside your walking trousers/waterproof cycling trousers/bib-tights.

* or some other stretchy rubbery garter.

fukawitribe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Last couple of lots they had were rebranded SealSkinz or Dexshell IIRC

gonedownhill | 8 years ago
0 likes

I bought a pair a few years back and only used them for the first time last month while I was hiking in Scotland - my boots were still wet owing to tramping through a peat bog for several hours a few days before, so I donned the waterproof socks over the top of a pair of normal cotton ones - kept the wetness from the boots out although my feet were pretty sweaty. It wasn't raining at the time and I had trousers on anyway so not sure how effective they would be if you were wearing them with shorts and it was raining.

Hand wash only which is a bit of a pain.

Happymanc | 8 years ago
0 likes

I bought a pair of these for commuting , but it hasn't rained yet.

Could be worth it just for that  16

Latest Comments