Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Di2 parts list What do I need?

Hi All,

Building a new bike and have gone for Ultegra Di2 but I don't need the whole groupset.

What do I actually need cable and junction box wise to make things talk??? I'm planning on fitting the TT extension buttons as well.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Royal1664 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cheers trailflow! Managed to buy all the parts listed separately so saved some pennies to spend on other bits!

hampstead_bandit | 9 years ago
0 likes

The bar end shifter come with built in cables.

trailflow | 9 years ago
0 likes

Be aware some upgrade kits from bike24 do NOT come with wires.

Is this for a road bike or a TT bike ?

Merlin cycles are currently selling the upgrade kit for £599.99

http://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-ultegra-6870-di2-gear-kit-74063.html...

But it only comes with a 3 port junction A box. I think for a TT bike you need the 5 port junction A box. Which you will need to buy separately.

---

If you want to buy everything separately this is what you will need

Ultegra 6870 or DA9070 Di2 Shifters (6770 shifters also work but require an update (i think), 7970 shifters do not work)
Ultegra 6870 or DA9070 Di2 Front derailleur
Ultegra 6870 or DA9070 Di2 Rear derailleur
3 or 5 port junction Box. SM-EW90-A or SM-EW90-B
Junction box B - SM-JC41
Internal Battery - SM-BTR2
Battery charger - SM-BCR2 - This doubles as a pc interface to customize settings,and update the firmware. And can only be used with an internal battery.

Di2 plug tool - To insert and remove the wires

2 shifter e-tube wires (350mm each) EW-SD50 - for 42,44cm bars. If you have 46cm bars get longer.
1 downtube e-tube wire (1000mm or more) EW-SD50
1 battery e-tube wire (500mm) EW-SD50
1 front derailleur e-tube wire (300mm) EW-SD50
1 rear derailleur e-tube wire (600mm) EW-SD50

These above are typical cable lengths for a small to medium frame. If you have a large or bigger frame you should buy a longer downtube wire.

CXR94Di2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Bike.24 I have used several times very prompt and reasonable prices

kev-s | 9 years ago
0 likes

if your going internal battery then the charger also doubles up as a firmware updater it cant be used for diagnostics as that requires a separate unit but you would only need that if you ever have a fault

look on ribble's website at the electric gearset kit in the groupset section as this will list everything you will need and they have drop down menus so you can select a 3 or 5 port junction box, internal or external battery etc....

Also its well worth looking at some of the german bike shops like discount.de or bike.24 as they also just sell the gear kits and with the exchange rate at the moment you can save quite a bit of money, just be aware that if u have any warranty issues you will prob have to return the affected component back to germany for it to be fixed/replaced

Royal1664 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've found loads of different cables, is there set available or are they all separate? Anyone got a link?

CXR94Di2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

You need a five way junction box for the handlebar stem. Will need a programmer(or borrow )to set it all up upgrade firmware/diagnostics

Battery, rear derailleur, front derailleur, levers and cables to connect them all together

Latest Comments