Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Planet x pro carbon wheels 650c

I am looking to buy my first set of carbon wheels. I am currently using Mavic aksium that come standard with the bike I bought. I have come across these Planet X wheels that seem to be compltively priced http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/WPPXCAR650N/planet-x-pro-carbon-wheels-650c has anybody ever used these? are they any good? Grateful for any comments. Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

tandellcycling | 9 years ago
0 likes

650c carbon wheels will be comfortable for smaller rider using small frame.
Planet X is a good brand of carbon bike,quality should be good.
There is no doubt that some carbon products are made in Xiamen China

jdryan86@ymail.com | 9 years ago
0 likes

Great thanks for this my nievaty only just realised they were 650c! Looking at other planet x carbon wheels people are saying they are not the lightest. I will look at other threads on here in detail for recommended carbon wheels. Thank you

The _Kaner | 9 years ago
0 likes

The 'problem' you may encounter with fitting 650C (usually seen on tri bikes or smaller framed bikes) is brake caliper reach to the brake tracks on the rims and also generally 650C will be narrower and the current trend is for wider rimmed wheels.
The narrower rims (may) mean less comfort - using narrower tyres or ballooning of the tyres if using wider ones than can 'comfortably fit' on 650C rims...tyre choice will be limited in comparison to 700c wheels.

Latest Comments