Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Btwin FC 5

I am seriously considering buying a road bike ...
what u think About this Btwin FC 5 Carbon Road Bike....It's Worth it...or Not...or

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/btwin-fc-5-white-triple-id_8246256.html

or should i go for Cannondale CAAD8 105

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

savithk | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hight 172cm inch 67.5 foot 5.6

Inseam 76 or 77cm inch 30.5

savithk | 9 years ago
0 likes

iam from india this bike BTWIN FC5 is available in Decathlon store . i done a test ride only 55-57-59 is available ....some body have any idea BTWIN FC5 frame size chat ...55 is little big for so iam thinking should i go 53 or 51....?????

Please anyone Advice... iam worried  7  102

Beatnik69 replied to savithk | 9 years ago
0 likes
savithk wrote:

iam from india this bike BTWIN FC5 is available in Decathlon store . i done a test ride only 55-57-59 is available ....some body have any idea BTWIN FC5 frame size chat ...55 is little big for so iam thinking should i go 53 or 51....?????

Please anyone Advice... iam worried  7  102

What height are you?

Beatnik69 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Did you go for it in the end? I see it's now showing as out of stock. I have 2 B'Twin bikes - a Triban 3a and an Alur 700. I use the Triban as my commuter and it does the trick (though it has started making a knocking sound when I pedal out of the saddle or when moving off from a stop) and the Alur I love. It too has Shimano 105 components and they are excellent.

Das | 9 years ago
0 likes

TBH the biggest thing is that Decathlon offer a Lifetime warranty on the frame of all their bikes, Carbon inc. How many other manufactures can offer that?

mtbtomo | 9 years ago
0 likes

I think BTwin/Decathlon stuff always offers good value for money - and it always performs well considering the price.

Then again the Cannondale CAAD8 is from one of the best alloy frame lineages in the history of road bikes.

If they both fit ok, then buy the one that you like the look of most, that will make you want to ride it.

Just bear in mind that the Cannondale would probably be easier to sell on secondhand should you get to that point for whatever reason in the future.

antonio | 9 years ago
0 likes

Shut your ears to the bike snobs and remember the manufacturers have sponsored pro tour riders. Look at other similar products carefully and the spec and decide if you are getting value for money, I would say with this bike you are, but that's just my opinion.

savithk | 9 years ago
0 likes

Please anyone Advice...  17  37  22  7

Latest Comments