Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best toe covers for SPD/commuter shoes

Hello all,

On my commute I wear SPD shoes with a smooth sole, the sort that the cleat are recessed into so that when you walk it doesn't scrape the floor.

I've been using some very good (Galibier.cc) toe covers for about the last year on chilly/damp rides (when I don't need the full overshoes), which from the start were stretching around the area towards the rear of the cleat. Recently they have been becoming torn and may soon have to be repaired/binned.

The problem seems to be that because the SPD cleat is recessed, the toe covers wriggle forward slightly and get pinched when clipping/unclipping. Looking at the toe covers on the market now, it looks like they will all do the same because none of them have anything to anchor them to the shoe so that the rear of the opening in the sole doesn't foul the cleat.

So, my question is, does anyone know of any that will work properly with SPD shoes? There must be some out there that are designed for the job!

Thanks in advance,
Nick0

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments