Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Road closures for the Tour

Does anybody know when they will stop letting bikes on the course? I believe they are closing the road to cars 24 hours in advance but what about bikes?

Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Simon E | 9 years ago
0 likes

Tweet a few mins ago by @letouryorkshire

Quote:

Keep an eye on @TdFYorksTravel over the race day weekend as they will have those all important travel updates. #TDF

dafyddp | 9 years ago
0 likes

We're staying at the campsite Ilkley Cycle Club have organised (nice work fellas!) - but not arriving until the Friday evening. We're planning to leave Leicester just after school finishes, so I've got a feeling the roads and lanes in the area are going to be pretty chocca by the time we arrive. Should be interesting!

matthewn5 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm staying in a pub in Swaledale with the route past the front door. They phoned and said to come up on Thursday, as the route will be closed on Friday.

fustuarium | 9 years ago
0 likes

My street is shut due to the TdF and all the info we've had says 1 hour before the caravan. So that's 3 hours before riders.

Him Up North | 9 years ago
0 likes

Through the Huddersfield area the road closures will be in place by 7.30am on the day of the race. Holme Moss is closed to traffic from Friday 4th July. Bikes and pedestrians are allowed on the route until just before the publicity caravan goes through.

andyp | 9 years ago
0 likes

I had heard road closed to bikes 2hrs before riders come through.

Simon E | 9 years ago
0 likes

Not sure if it has exactly what you want but timings, road closures etc here:
http://letour.yorkshire.com/the-grand-départ-2014/

There's a big feature on stages 1 and 2 in this week's CW. On page 68-69 it shows maps with spectator info and links to the following:

http://letour.yorkshire.com/travel
www.northernrail.org/takingyoutothetour
www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/tour-de-france

HTH.

Latest Comments