Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Motorcyclist / cyclist collision near Buckingham Palace

The video was posted a couple of places online in early March before being taken down soon after. Did the cyclist see this video?

Short version (ogg) https://vidd.me/rkS
Longer version with police (mp4) https://anonfiles.com/file/999425e6c2f5c4ea68380efec2890887

Longer version at YouTube (thanks to Gkam84)
http://youtu.be/P5I2sJVkxUw

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

57 comments

Dr_Lex | 9 years ago
0 likes

Some general trolling of the biker on lfgss:
http://www.lfgss.com/thread36761-97.html

OldRidgeback | 9 years ago
0 likes

The bloke with the Ducati might be a terrible rider but it's up to the cops to charge him for driving offences, not the mob.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

After a series of foul emails from the "man" behind the video.

F*CK HIM....

This is the dick that crashed into the cyclist

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/intalex?trk=shareTw

Cantab replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

F*CK HIM....

Seems he's deleted it...

I don't suppose there's anything in his emails that would interest Her Majesty's Constabulary? They may not be all that hot on cyclists being run down, but they do seem to like people saying naughty things on the internet...  19

Scoob_84 replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

F*CK HIM....

24 I nearly spat my coffee all over myself when reading this.

What did the little twerp say?

bikebot replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

F*CK HIM....

Care to elaborate a little more?

I think I speak for a few in expressing curiosity about the matter.

bikebot | 9 years ago
0 likes

Definitely the general fuckwittery of the internet, I think the IT Crowd absolutely nailed that one via it's homage to cat-bin-lady, before it shuffled off our screens last year.

I'm sure a lot of us now have a downloaded copy of the video, which we should all be keeping private.

If those comments about the biker above are true, I hope he sends a sincere apology to the cyclist should the Police or anyone else involved give him the opportunity to do. And yes, a legal wrap across the knuckles via the Police is certainly still necessary. Both for the accident and choosing to be such a dick about it afterwards.

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ironic coming from you...

farrell | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oh, my heart bleeds purple piss for him.

He's a nasty little bully who tried to act the hard man by assaulting someone from behind with an almost 200 kilogram weapon.

He then tried to act the big man again by showing off his exploits, he's no better than the little scrotes that film themselves happy slapping or king punching. Just vile scum.

I won't be getting involved in spreading his details around but if somebody does give him a dig before the police get to him then really, it's of his own making.

There was NO need to go round endangering someones life the way he did.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It is being dealt with by the police.

But the general fuckwittery of cyclists has come out now.

People are sharing his details around, his Linkedin, Facebook and other places. There is NO need for that. That f*cks me right off.

boil-in-the-bag replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

@Gkam84 Online witch-hunts / lynch mobs are as stupid and wrong as lone vigilante action is. Our two previous comments were simultaneous; I wasn't replying to yours. Maybe the video shows nothing of interested to the law. It is at least a (well made!) video of a moment on our roads.

SimonS replied to boil-in-the-bag | 9 years ago
0 likes

>>kam84 Online witch-hunts / lynch mobs are as stupid and wrong as lone >>vigilante action is.

I don't know. If the Police won't do their job properly and enforce the law when they're given the evidence then an online witch hunt/ Vigilante action might embarrass them into doing their job in future.

Pitchforks at dawn

Cyclist was being irresponsible using their phone but that in no way takes away from the terrible riding by the motorcyclist. it's not clear whether that's actually a cycle lane (there aren't any markings I can see on g-maps) but it certainly has the appearance of one so I don't think the cyclist was in the wrong place.

The motorcyclist should have over-taken if he wanted to pass and left enough space. I'd have pressed for Careless Driving charge.

FluffyKittenofT... replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

It is being dealt with by the police.

But the general fuckwittery of cyclists has come out now.

People are sharing his details around, his Linkedin, Facebook and other places. There is NO need for that. That f*cks me right off.

Is that the general fuckwittery of "cyclists" or the general fuckwittery of "people on the internet"? _Any_ bit of bad-behaviour that gets youtubed seems to stir up that kind of virtual torch-bearing mob (e.g. cat-bin-lady). There are people out there ready to throw away the moral high ground over pretty much any kind of incident.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have removed the video on the back of a message from someone I trust

Quote:

Hello Keith,

I just want you to know that that Ducati is scared for his life and has already been contacted by the police in regards to video.
DD is a friend of mine and I agree what happened in that video was completely wrong. He has also seen the error of his ways.

The problem he has now if the threat of violence towards him and his family from not only from cyclists but the motorcycling community.

I want to ask you is to please remove that video not only from here, but the other locations as well.

Please consider these reasons;
1) The video is not yours
2) He learnt his lesson
3) The police are looking into it

Removing the video will not save him from the justice which will be served. But it will get some of the hate and fear off of his back.

Regards,

Farky | 9 years ago
0 likes

As a biker & cyclist - the t##t on the Ducati should be banned from our roads and have to resit to get his licence back.

Disgusting!

For the Police - entering/filtering a cycle lane, possibly even intent to cause harm, never mind the driving offence.

has the cyclist been found/identified? They need to make a case first afaik.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Roadsafe only works for 2 weeks after the incident, so that was a waste of police time. This happened back in March. I have the reg plate number on my video anyway.

thereverent | 9 years ago
0 likes

The motorcyclists regestration was spotted on another one of his videos and someone has reported this video to the Met through the Roadsafe website.

boil-in-the-bag replied to thereverent | 9 years ago
0 likes

I reported this on 7th March via the Crimestoppers website, linking the original and a copy YouTube video. The original was deleted, the linked YT copy was removed due to 'copyright violation'. There was no response from Crimestoppers and the incident is no longer there. I should have spammed forums first in the hope the cyclist would see the video.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeah....It was uploaded by me, as I said further up the thread  3

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Yeah....It was uploaded by me, as I said further up the thread  3

Whoops, I SMIDSY'd you! Or is that SMIDSY[ou]T[ube]?  4

I reposted the link after seeing it on the Ducati forum, this is all getting a bit recursive  7

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

If you look at the user info for that comment, the poster has only just registered. I suspect that they ride a cycle over a motorcycle, as do most of the new posters on that thread  19

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

If you look at the user info for that comment, the poster has only just registered. I suspect that they ride a cycle over a motorcycle, as do most of the new posters on that thread  19

Oh yeah, certainly looks like they've gained a few new subscribers. Oh well, at least I can point to this comment from a genuine member, which oddly the OP agreed with.

"Solidarity is a good thing, except when it applies to actual bad things actually caused by bikers."

I'm sure he knows he's overwhelmingly in the wrong on this one and was basically a complete dick, he's just doesn't want to pay the price for his behaviour.

If anyone wants to see the full video without downloading 300mb of avi file, it's been uploaded again by someone on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5I2sJVkxUw

OldRidgeback replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

You could be right about that Gkam - I ride motorcycles and bicycles and have done for donkey's years. I even had a Ducati. I'm not sure which I ride over which. I've two of one and three of the other if that helps.  1

The bloke on the Ducati could have and should have easily avoided that incident by better anticipation. I'm not totally convinced it was deliberate and the bars on the Hypermotard have mirrors on the end so they're pretty wide and it's possible he clipped the bicycle while making a close pass. But even if it wasn't deliberate, it was inexcusably terrible riding on his part as there was no need for such a close pass and he deserves some penalty points and a fine for that.

I still can't get over the fact that the dunce on the bike was talking on the phone while riding up such a busy London street either.

They deserve each other.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Waiting for TFL to respond as to what the lane is for. It is narrow where he was hit, but fills a full lane if you go back a bit down Constitution Hill

northstar replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Waiting for TFL to respond as to what the lane is for. It is narrow where he was hit, but fills a full lane if you go back a bit down Constitution Hill

It will have nothing do with tfl, it's a private highway within a royal park.

Anyhow the lane is to facilitate a right turn out of the house for riders, to me it looks like a token effort but hey.

More fool you you won't want to read this answer ; )

Bikebikebike | 9 years ago
0 likes

Also typical police siding against the cyclist.

Bikebikebike | 9 years ago
0 likes

That's amazing. He just runs him over. The guy may have been on his phone, but I'm not sure how that caused the motorcyclist to run him over from behind.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Since I uploaded the video, someone posted it on that Ducati forum and the motorbiker has deleted his whole channel.....something to hide there??

Paul_C replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Since I uploaded the video, someone posted it on that Ducati forum and the motorbiker has deleted his whole channel.....something to hide there??

Mr. Ducati Rider is about to discover teh power of the internets...

he's obviously never heard of the "Streisand Effect"...

bikebot replied to Paul_C | 9 years ago
0 likes
Paul_C wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Mr. Ducati Rider is about to discover teh power of the internets...

he's obviously never heard of the "Streisand Effect"...

I just took a look over at the Ducati forum, and it's gone down pretty much how I thought it would (see the third page from the earlier link). For those bikers ->  41

Pages

Latest Comments