Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ask Dave

Ask the man anything you want  41

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

40 comments

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Dave, I noticed the new forum displays the latest posts last, so we'd have to click on another page or so to get to the latest post... Will this change or will it stay this way?...  And I can't find any emoticons to use in the New Forum!  2 Anyways, do you have any news on changes for the game for next year?  1  I miss the banter and the excitement!  1 By the way, your new photo is pretty cool!  1

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Dave, could we have one last team to put up?  4 Maybe our 'Dream Team' for the season?  4 Or at least have a way to view the final scores and maybe the beginning of the year rider values, so we can see who were the 'most improved riders' or the 'best values'?...  8

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Dave, I'd like to have the following team for Stage 4 the 1st week of the Tour...

40.0 Peter Sagan
32.6 Alexander Kristoff
26.8 John Degenkolb
21.5 Zdenek Stybar
30.5 Greg Van Avermaet
20.8 Lars Boom
15.4 Jens Debusschere

193.6 credits

could you lower the values on the riders so I can make that happen, please?...  39 Or alternatively, could you raise the budget to 195 credits?...  4

Ben Phippen | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi Dave,

Were there any prizes for the overall competitions for Tour of California ?

Thanks.

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I didnt those riders you have listed were still in the ToC startlist. As for it being updated it was abit last minute i took over running it and with what happened to the server pre the start of the giro the time to run through it properly so i apologise for that.

As for taking riders out again i apologise if ive missed anyone, as sometimes ive been cutting the update fine before leaving for work in the morning so getting the scores up has been my main priority so again i apologise

chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi Dave, whats the story this season with rider lists not being updated? I'm sure in the past you guys were pretty good at making sure that rider lists were kept up-to-date once a race had started, but its certainly not the case anymore. EG in California this week, Andy Fenn didn't start but after 5 stages he is still listed, and Ben Jacques-Maynes dropped out after stage 1 but is still listed also. It just feels like a backward step. (NB these are examples but I feel like its a regular occurrence this season in comparison with the previous 3 years).

Also, it is very clear that lists are not updated pre-race as often as they used to be, especially in one-day classics series.

Both of these things mean that players have to spend extra time cross-checking the rider lists on official websites with road.cc before we pick a team or make a transfer, and I for one as a fairly casual player nowadays would rather not have to do that.

There will always be people who are happy to spend extra time playing the game (ie me 2 years ago!) and will gain an advantage as a result, but that doesn't mean that the game should give us deliberately late/misleading information surely?

Its up to you guys how often you update rider lists, and with how much accuracy. I just wanted to make the point that some people (me included) might see it as a dealbreaker in terms of playing premium next year.

Hope I've explained myself well - don't see it as a moan, just trying to help by pointing out something that I really feel could and should be easily improved. A big step forward would be that if part of the job of scoring a stage was to remove any DNS or DNF riders, something which I'm sure used to happen but clearly doesn't anymore.

(PS I don't spend much time on the forum these days so sorry if its already been discussed).

dave atkinson replied to chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Hi Dave, whats the story this season with rider lists not being updated? I'm sure in the past you guys were pretty good at making sure that rider lists were kept up-to-date once a race had started, but its certainly not the case anymore. EG in California this week, Andy Fenn didn't start but after 5 stages he is still listed, and Ben Jacques-Maynes dropped out after stage 1 but is still listed also. It just feels like a backward step. (NB these are examples but I feel like its a regular occurrence this season in comparison with the previous 3 years).

Also, it is very clear that lists are not updated pre-race as often as they used to be, especially in one-day classics series.

Both of these things mean that players have to spend extra time cross-checking the rider lists on official websites with road.cc before we pick a team or make a transfer, and I for one as a fairly casual player nowadays would rather not have to do that.

There will always be people who are happy to spend extra time playing the game (ie me 2 years ago!) and will gain an advantage as a result, but that doesn't mean that the game should give us deliberately late/misleading information surely?

Its up to you guys how often you update rider lists, and with how much accuracy. I just wanted to make the point that some people (me included) might see it as a dealbreaker in terms of playing premium next year.

Hope I've explained myself well - don't see it as a moan, just trying to help by pointing out something that I really feel could and should be easily improved. A big step forward would be that if part of the job of scoring a stage was to remove any DNS or DNF riders, something which I'm sure used to happen but clearly doesn't anymore.

(PS I don't spend much time on the forum these days so sorry if its already been discussed).

it's not something we've specifically cut back on and normally we do remove the DNF/DNS riders as part of the update process, i'll remind everyone.

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Dave, have you given any thought to giving a 5 point bonus to any rider who crahes out a race?...  39 It could be a massive consolation when you also have to use up an unplanned transfer to make up for the loss?... Just thinking...  22

Jonas Lorenzen | 8 years ago
0 likes

Any chance getting my giro purist team in?

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

dave, do you miss penalty transfers?...  39

Theinvisiblecyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave , are we talking?  24

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, will Froome win the prologue in Romandie tomorrow?  39

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, do you think we should open an "Ask Enrique" thread? I, for one, would certainly follow that...

fukawitribe replied to cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

Dave, do you think we should open an "Ask Enrique" thread? I, for one, would certainly follow that...

From what i've seen so far of the man, it would just be filled with inane questions from himself with the occasional pat on the back from his little side-kick....

enrique replied to fukawitribe | 9 years ago
0 likes
cgipryan wrote:

Dave, do you think we should open an "Ask Enrique" thread?...

fukawitribe wrote:

From what i've seen so far of the man, it would just be filled with inane questions from himself with the occasional pat on the back from his little side-kick....

How right you are... But for the record, what I'm wondering is:

*cue the music*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4

4 since I really haven't seen you around here much  4

On another note...

fukawitribe replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
cgipryan wrote:

fukawitribe wrote:

How right you are...

Had wondered why i'd bothered, never normally respond to trolls like that, but nice to have been near the mark.

enrique replied to fukawitribe | 9 years ago
0 likes
fukawitribe wrote:

Had wondered why i'd bothered, never normally respond to trolls like that...

You did it for the love,  4 , here have some:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_47A9Z28U3I

Enjoy!  1

fukawitribe replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
cgipryan wrote:

fukawitribe wrote:

How right you are...

Had wondered why i'd bothered, never normally respond to trolls like that, but nice to have been near the mark.

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, who came up with the name Road.cc? Was it your first choice?

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, can we have a budget of 150 for Amstel Gold?  20  39  7  45  40 Never mind...  4

Argos74 | 9 years ago
0 likes

My budget is £4.26. What kind of cake should I buy?

drfabulous0 | 9 years ago
0 likes

If Froome was leading then Wiggo would have gone before him in the TT, that could never happen.

themartincox | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's the last day of LeTour, Froome is leading GC by 55 seconds from Wiggins.

It's a TT (don't ask)

Froome has punctured and so has his support car so it can't help.

Wiggo can see Froome in trouble ahead.

Does Wiggo:

A- follow team orders and swap bikes
B- Pretend he didn't notice and smash past a disconsolate Froome who is shaking his fist and cursing the cycling-gods

?

drfabulous0 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, which is better, robots or dinosaurs?

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Mate, just enjoy being who you are, its more fun for us  4

and i would hate to see a sensible side of you.

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

heh, i think they love it really, my "friend" up there keeps coming back for more, like a moth around a light...

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

Top fishing, top fishing enrique, it's just too easy to get so many catches nowadays...

enrique replied to northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

Top fishing, top fishing enrique, it's just too easy to get so many catches nowadays...

Shhh.... Quiet... You'll scare them away...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

All of you are ruining my thread. How am I supposed to get to know the 'real' Dave if you guys keep posting stupid comments here?  45 Shoo! Shoo! You're going to scare Dave away!  45

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, can you give me some moderator privileges to take down stupid posts like these  3

Pages

Latest Comments