Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Yeoleo advertorial

Unless I'm much mistaken what's the point of an advertorial for a company that doesn't support shipping to the UK? 
 Couldn't find the UK or any variation of it in the shipping countries. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

Yoeleo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Hi Secret_Squirrel apologize for the lack of detailed information on the advertisment. you are right, we have our distributor in the UK that will help custom and the international shipment, so it is easier for the customer to get the wheels, their website is https://www.revolution-wheels.co.uk/

Thank you for your concern, and apologize

Rich_cb | 1 year ago
5 likes

Personally I try and avoid buying anything that's been made in China as I don't really want to support the economy of a genocidal communist dictatorship.

I'd rather pay a bit more for something manufactured in a democracy.

Hirsute replied to Rich_cb | 1 year ago
4 likes

We visited portmeirion on holiday, went to buy some pottery, but all made in china. I suppose made in England would have been worse !

Rich_cb replied to Hirsute | 1 year ago
2 likes

Cheers for the heads up, if all goes well I shall be passing through Portmeirion later this summer, don't need to leave space in the panniers for a new tea service now!

Hirsute replied to Rich_cb | 1 year ago
2 likes

We also ended up in the middle of the cycling segment of a triathlon whilst in a car !
Not quite what I'd planned ! (Not a closed road though) The bloke in front was doing just under 30 in a 30, so I just trundled along. Must have cost me a whole minute in travelling time once the gradient came into play.

hawkinspeter replied to Rich_cb | 1 year ago
3 likes

Rich_cb wrote:

Cheers for the heads up, if all goes well I shall be passing through Portmeirion later this summer, don't need to leave space in the panniers for a new tea service now!

Simon E replied to Rich_cb | 1 year ago
2 likes

You wouldn't normally 'pass through' Portmeirion, it's down a dead-end side road outside Penrhyndeudraeth.

Hope you enjoy the tour. North Wales is a wonderful area to cycle but is blighted by a huge influx of incompetent idiots in cars during the holiday season.

hawkinspeter replied to Simon E | 1 year ago
1 like

Simon E wrote:

You wouldn't normally 'pass through' Portmeirion, it's down a dead-end side road outside Penrhyndeudraeth.

Hope you enjoy the tour. North Wales is a wonderful area to cycle but is blighted by a huge influx of incompetent idiots in cars during the holiday season.

We're off to Dyffryn Ardudwy at the beginning of July, so that may well include us.

By the way, I can recommend the Gelato in Portmeirion.

lonpfrb replied to Hirsute | 1 year ago
2 likes
hirsute wrote:

We visited portmeirion on holiday, went to buy some pottery, but all made in china. I suppose made in England would have been worse !

Every Import is a job Export so Buy British!

mdavidford replied to lonpfrb | 1 year ago
0 likes

What's wrong with people in other countries having jobs, though?

lonpfrb replied to mdavidford | 1 year ago
0 likes
mdavidford wrote:

What's wrong with people in other countries having jobs, though?

Nothing, unless it's at the cost of jobs in your own country. Global trade follows the best profit so exports jobs if we pay no attention to the consequences of our buying decisions.

mdavidford replied to lonpfrb | 1 year ago
0 likes

Why is a job in Britain better than a job in another country, though?

hawkinspeter replied to mdavidford | 1 year ago
0 likes

mdavidford wrote:

Why is a job in Britain better than a job in another country, though?

For the Brexit benefits?

Hirsute replied to mdavidford | 1 year ago
1 like

No true brit would ask this.

RidingRob replied to Hirsute | 1 year ago
0 likes

hirsute wrote:

all made in china.

Made out of china?

lonpfrb replied to Rich_cb | 1 year ago
2 likes
Rich_cb wrote:

Personally I try and avoid buying anything that's been made in China as I don't really want to support the economy of a genocidal communist dictatorship.

I'd rather pay a bit more for something manufactured in a democracy.

It's the 40 year anniversary of an invasion by a dictatorship that British armed forces had to die to repel and restore democratic government. So Britain is clear on the cost and need to stand up to bullys.

Another bully who doesn't respect democracy is currently driving up the cost of living and devistating the country he's invaded whilst claiming a friendship without limitation with China.

Taiwan is both a leader in bicycle manufacturing and a democratic nation that China says it will return to greater China by force.

So buying anything from China supports their economic dominance agenda and undermines democracy.

Your only democratic vote with the PRC is not to buy their products. Don't Buy!

Slava Ukraine!

John Stevenson replied to Rich_cb | 1 year ago
3 likes

I'd love to know what not-made-in-China phones and computers people are using to take part in this discussion.

And also, what sort of genocidal dictatorship rich approves of if it's only communist ones that are a problem  3

hawkinspeter replied to John Stevenson | 1 year ago
0 likes

John Stevenson wrote:

I'd love to know what not-made-in-China phones and computers people are using to take part in this discussion. And also, what sort of genocidal dictatorship rich approves of if it's only communist ones that are a problem  3

LG makes some phones

chrisonabike replied to hawkinspeter | 1 year ago
0 likes

I think the bits still come from the north though?  They do proudly make their own soy sauce there and claim several other East asian specialities as originally Korean so it's just possible though. (They were claiming football as a Korean invention when I was there - and why not?)

Rich_cb replied to John Stevenson | 1 year ago
1 like

Nominally communist surely...

I seem to remember that pearl of 'wisdom' from a previous thread.

Electronics are difficult but can be done. ASUS, Samsung and Sony are a good bet for phones.

Yoeleo replied to Rich_cb | 1 year ago
0 likes

Hi Rich,

Just like any cycling company in this world, we just want to share the happines and give more option to the cyclist on what they can ride and afford, we are all cyclist after all.

Miller | 1 year ago
0 likes

I've bought a few things direct from China from companies such as Farsports, Tantan and Nextie. They can always arrange shipping. In terms of customer service, the tone is very much 'you can have what you want'.

For carbon wheels I think it's true that their formerly huge price advantage has been eroded in recent years by the rise of brands such as Hunt etc who have formalised the process of buying from China. However for framesets there are still huge savings available as the price of branded framesets has gone nuts in recent years.

sparrowlegs | 1 year ago
0 likes

I was most offended by the lack of a discount code! The integrated handlebars they do look quite good. 

Yoeleo replied to sparrowlegs | 1 year ago
0 likes

we can give you special discount code for sure wink

hawkinspeter | 1 year ago
0 likes

To be fair, it is titled "Should you buy your wheels direct from China". There's mention of returns going to a local distributor in each country though, so it'd be useful to know if there is one for the UK.

mark1a replied to hawkinspeter | 1 year ago
1 like

hawkinspeter wrote:

To be fair, it is titled "Should you buy your wheels direct from China". There's mention of returns going to a local distributor in each country though, so it'd be useful to know if there is one for the UK.

UK distributor https://www.revolution-wheels.co.uk/

Although then that's not "buy your wheels direct from China."

Secret_squirrel replied to mark1a | 1 year ago
0 likes

Thanks. Bizzare not to include that on the advertorial.

Also doesnt appear to have a huge price advantage over Hunt/Scribe/Prime, except for the newer carbon spoked options.

Yoeleo replied to hawkinspeter | 1 year ago
0 likes

Hi hawk

Yes, we have one in the UK this is the link https://www.revolution-wheels.co.uk/

Hirsute replied to Yoeleo | 1 year ago
0 likes

hawk ?!

hawkinspeter replied to Hirsute | 1 year ago
2 likes

hirsute wrote:

hawk ?!

Pages

Latest Comments