Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Whaddon Road, A421 to Mursley open!

Any local riders who may have been avoiding that road - it's now fully open! Seems like it's been closed for the EWR bridge forever. I did sneak through the barriers last Sunday but yesterday it was fully open. 

Not sure where else is still closed around the area - if you are aware please let us know on here. Various websites that list the roads and dates etc are a little unbreliable e.g. the above road was supposed to be open again on the 26th April.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Steve K | 1 year ago
1 like

Of no great relevance, but this takes me back as Whaddon Road was on my regular route from South London to various northern football grounds five years ago.  I'd often stop at Thrift Farm for refreshments (last time was in fact five years and two days ago, I think).

Gimpl replied to Steve K | 1 year ago
2 likes

Just as well you haven't tried to plan your route that way recently! Although one bonus is looking for alternative routes and discovering new rides. I have at least two new circuits that I didn't previously as couldn't be bothered to think about it.

Thrift Farm is still there, never stopped there myself as only a few miles in at that stage. 

Latest Comments