Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wait for Cyclists or Die

Here is a classic case of driver impatience, I believe, the driver got fixated on getting out in front of cyclists and risked pulling out in front of a lorry doing at least 40mph.

I would have submitted to the police but couldn't get a read on the number plate.

https://youtu.be/unz4Ubgk0bY

Have you got any examples of cyclists being worth more than the life of the driver?

Edit: Here is the view the lorry driver had ahead of the corner. Any clues for him that he should not have been driving at or above the limit?

https://goo.gl/maps/aXtuLkeyjBKqrLzC9

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

cidermart | 1 year ago
2 likes

And here we have some high quality fuckwittery. Obviously had the collision occurred it would have been the cyclists fault somehow.

IanMSpencer replied to cidermart | 1 year ago
2 likes

Well, clearly it was, for why else would they have needed to pull out in front of the lorry if we hadn't been there, they could have waited otherwise.

Hirsute replied to IanMSpencer | 1 year ago
2 likes

You should submit this to dashcam uk !

Then wait for the comments to roll in !

AlsoSomniloquism | 1 year ago
4 likes

Unfortunately, it wouldn't have just been the driver who might have suffered but several of yourselves would have probably been collected in the collision as well. 

NOtotheEU | 1 year ago
3 likes

Shocking 'driving' but nice to see the lead rider cares about others enough to have an extended rear mudguard.

IanMSpencer replied to NOtotheEU | 1 year ago
2 likes

Club rules for winter riding, we all fit them when the clocks go back. 

BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP replied to NOtotheEU | 1 year ago
1 like

Always helps to think about others - like taking away their freedom of movement and stuff. 

brooksby | 1 year ago
1 like

You know, I'm not convinced that driver looked both ways before pulling out... 

IanMSpencer replied to brooksby | 1 year ago
2 likes

I think they glanced but didn't look long enough to judge the speed (I suspect the lorry was nearer 50 than 40), they certainly panicked almost as soon as they went, nearly hit the far kerb (hence the braking). Shame we can't see the head movements.

It is the sort of crap corner you'd hope that users would take extra care.

Hirsute | 1 year ago
4 likes

What did you expect when you had slowed to a virtual stop to talk with your friend after you had signalled rather than continuing to go round the corner ?

IanMSpencer | 1 year ago
1 like

Screenshot from video

Latest Comments