Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wahoo breaks element bolt

Posting this here in case others have experienced the same issue.. My wahoo Element Bolt used to work seemlessly on android. Since a recent app update, it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to the phone, beeping every 20-30 seconds. It seems to be a problem with the blueetooth connection in the app. This even happens when out on a ride, which is very annoying with the constant beeping.

I've raised this with Wahoo who have stated the following-

"Thank you for letting us know about your experience. This is an issue we are aware of and we have opened an internal ticket with our development team to investigate and resolve the problem"

It's kinda crappy that a perfectly functioning device can be broken remotely by a company like Wahoo. Hears hoping for a quick app fix, bit nothing has arrived yet.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

hawkinspeter | 1 year ago
0 likes

Not encountered that issue although my Bolt doesn't seem to connect to my phone unless I open up the Elemnt app. Also, after it has connected to the app, it then won't re-connect unless I terminate the app and restart it or leave it long enough e.g. overnight.

Your problem might be to do with your particular phone as Bluetooth seems to vary amongst manufacturers. What particular phone do you have?

kil0ran | 1 year ago
0 likes

Much like Garmin, Wahoo seem to test in public. I had their RFLKT+ for a few years, worked perfectly and then didn't following an update. Took them months to fix by which time I'd bought an Edge 130 (which has been brilliant for the past 5 years)

Latest Comments