Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Romandie

Consists of Prologue and stages 1 to 5 (official labelling). This is what I have called the stage name, even though it will appear as stages 1 to 6 in parts of the game.

Interestingly, you can only get stage details on the official site in French, not English; a small insult perhaps.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

49 comments

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Kruiswijk and Kuss my worst picks of the season in purist. Really poor. 

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Jumbo really not at the races this week. I thought Kuss would relish the chance to lead the team but really struggled yesterday. Brightest note for them was young Leemreize putting in a solid weeks work. Hopefully he will become known for his riding rather than for being the first rider disqualified for using the super tuck position! 

STEVESPRO 79 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Ok so yesterday 01/05/21 at 07.38 hrs I made 3 transfers to my team...SAGAN, COLBRELLI and BEVIN out.......PORTE, KUSS and KELDERMAN  in....

Transfers went through all in order....When last nights results came through my results were showing the same team before the transfers costing me 44 points I think..

Dont understand whats gone on...As I say transfers were made, transfers confirmed, as my transfer history says and my team is showing the transfers...

Can anyone shed light on this....

Steve...

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Been a strange race so far. Those last two stages had enough gradients at the end for the GC riders to burn all the sprinters off and grab a chance of bonus seconds....but INS just not interested. I'm certain that had Pogacar and/or Roglic been racing that's exactly what would have happened. Both Woods and Kuss tried to ramp up the pace on those climbs  but nothing happened from the peleton.

chrisdstripes | 2 years ago
0 likes

Aw damn, didn't notice Bevin was DNS yesterday (he wasn't greyed out for today, sadly) so unnecessarily kept him for the TT tomorrow. Never mind! Still my best week in fantasy for a while, I do love the Swiss races!

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Do we have a confirmed roll out time yet?...or even a confirmed route...

tony kappler replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Official statement on Romandie website says stage will be run in its entirety, starting at 10.35am CET.

11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Looks like tomorrow's stage is due to start at 10.35 CET. It has been brought forward 2 hours due to poor weather forecast. 

JohnnyRemo replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

They were talking on the commentary today as if it wasn't going to ahead at all - or at least not finish up the col.

11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

It doesn't matter when the deadline is set when they only announce Bevin DNS after the start! I guess everyone has him in anyway.....

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Hadn't seen that.  Any reason given?

I presume it was the pressure that mounted when he was compared to WVA by a top cycle race analyst.

I had him in Standard and Purist.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
0 likes

Haha, I jinxed him! Felt a bit sick according to his team & took no risks with Giro upcoming. Also in both my teams & probably scuppered my tilt at the TdR purist title! 

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Kung and Hirschi screwed my chances.  7th in the end.  Time to stop selecting Hirschi methinks.

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 2 years ago
0 likes

Hirschi maybe overhyped after last season. Probably more a rider for one dayers and single stages rather than purist competition. Bevin pulling out did for me.

tony kappler | 2 years ago
1 like

OK, Giro deadline is approx 15 mins before start. I have also shifted Romandie  deadline closer to start, so you will have an extra hour to worry.

11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Talking to my son and we decided that Pat Bevin is a low budget Wout van Aert! Hope Israel can allow him to develop and that he isn't just regarded as a decent TT rider.

tony kappler | 2 years ago
0 likes

I'm just setting up the Giro. Normally I would close the transfer window about an hour before the start; this allows for all manner of SNAFUs like wrong listed start times, start of daylight saving, last minute change of route etc so that the window is not open after the race has started. However COVID has raised the real risk of very late team cancellations.  I'm looking for feedback from you guys; would you prefer that the cutoff time be very close to race start time, or leave it at 1 hour before? It would mean extra attention to start times (by me) and possible late transfer time changes.

stevemarks replied to tony kappler | 2 years ago
0 likes

I'm fairly sanguine. As late as possible seems right one of the most terrible things is getting up late and missing the deadline then finding out the race doesnt actually start for another half hour.

triccky100 replied to tony kappler | 2 years ago
0 likes

yep I would say as late as possible but understand the issues that may bring. Maybe go with about 30min before as a compromise?

Condor Andy replied to tony kappler | 2 years ago
0 likes

I usually try and set mine up to be about 15 mins to half an hour before roll out.

11waterloo replied to tony kappler | 2 years ago
0 likes

I would say as late as possible, but fully understand the difficulty of ever changing start times. I perfectly illustrated the dilemma by bringing in Lutsenko late this morning, only for his DNS to be announced after the deadline. Very annoying but we just have to accept that it can't be perfect....... I'll just go off now and swear a lot in the garage! 

0 likes

I considered Lutsenko...... and loads of other riders.  Generally not had much idea of how today will work out.

Pretty much did nothing in the end.

I usually do my changes the night before as I struggle to gaurantee much time in the morning.  Does mean I have been a regular victim of late COVID withdrawls.

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
0 likes

Aye...that losss of time yesterday was tempting for certain, he could have had a very big day in the break. I just brought in Izagirre and Woods...my dither was Woods or Kelderman. I don't think Woods will get much rope at only 25 seconds back though, if any. 

0 likes

Yes, big gamble on Lutsenko that backfired. With 10 minutes freedom, I felt he could go on a mission & hoover up a stack of bonus points today.... ah well. Leaves me a GC rider or two down on most other players. I'll be rooting for the break today! 

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Oh hell. You do better than most for those types of picks as well...usually.

0 likes

It's knowing when to gamble and when to go safe and bank the GC points that is the real skill. Am generally happy to throw one wildcard in for this type of stage...... if it wasn't Lutsenko I would have put Suter in or even Pellaud so I can't complain about my luck too much! Just wish I had got those GC riders in now.......

0 likes

It is easier when the GC has formed properly.  If it makes you feel any better, the only change I made was Suter.  He isn't in the break today..... maybe tomorrow?

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
0 likes

It is reassuring that I'm not the only one! I did notice last year that we often end up with virtually the same team - great minds and all that! 

0 likes

Doing almost nothing has maybe worked out for me.  Got the podium and 2-6 on GC.

If I had made another change it was going to be Colbrelli out.  So often less is more with transfers!

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
0 likes

Brilliant. Might be a stage win for you. More...a win worthy of note by Colbrelli....that was a tough climb to get over and needs remembering. Is he in the Giro?

Pages

Latest Comments