Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Poland

Will there be a competition for Tour of Poland?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

backwoods pedeler | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Hi

wondering why there were no scores awarded for Stage 2? Was it because scores for Stage 1 were posted so late? 

Dave

MinardiM189 replied to backwoods pedeler | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Up to date now.

Velocibob | 4 weeks ago
0 likes

I have joined the tour of Poland. I haven't received an email with the results of stage 1 and there's nothing about it on the website. Seems to be a f***fest by road cc.

Lev Bronstein | 4 weeks ago
0 likes

Yes, although 13 hours notice to get a team in!! Don't thnk I'll bother.

MinardiM189 replied to Lev Bronstein | 4 weeks ago
0 likes

The late announcement of the starting list doesn't help with that.

I was lucky not to miss this competition.

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 4 weeks ago
0 likes

Yes, the Vuelta was listed as the next race up until yesterday evening. Caused a bit of a panic as I hadn't done any research for Poland. It all seems a bit random currently - no San Sebastián and TdP only being listed last minute. I appreciate that the starting list was late in being published but the race itself could maybe have been listed in the What's Coming Up section so we knew it was in the pipeline. Moan over, let's enjoy the race! 

MinardiM189 replied to 11waterloo | 4 weeks ago
0 likes

Yes, pretty much zero research for me too.

I managed to get 2 involved in the crash, Schachmann & Olney maybe Wellens too (?), considering that not a bad start.

Hopefully they will both start tomorrow.

Does anyone know if it is shown live anywhere ? I just changed to Discovery Plus but it isn't on there.

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 4 weeks ago
0 likes

No, it isn't on anywhere,  which is frustrating when Discovery + show just about every other race! Im pretty sure it was the same last year. I suffered from the Onley fall too. I took Mohoric out at the last minute to bring Onley in. Hadn't realised that Schachman crashed too. Without any decent coverage it's easy to miss things like this.

Rendel Harris replied to 11waterloo | 4 weeks ago
0 likes

There will apparently be a live stream here: https://tiz-cycling-live.io/stream.php

(No guarantees about its legality but as it's not available on any UK pay-to-view nobody's losing revenue from it!)

MinardiM189 replied to Rendel Harris | 4 weeks ago
1 like

Thanks.

I had forgotten about Tiz

I also found a site called 'cycling.today' which says it has a live stream. It reminds me a bit of Tiz

11waterloo replied to Rendel Harris | 4 weeks ago
1 like

I too had forgotten about Tiz thanks to GCN and now Discovery+ covering most of the bases. Thanks for the heads up!

Rendel Harris replied to 11waterloo | 4 weeks ago
0 likes

I'd forgotten about it too so thanks for making me look! I also was annoyed that Discovery weren't covering it so glad there's an alternative.

MinardiM189 replied to Rendel Harris | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

The site I found is Tiz using another name and seems to have none of the dodgy pop-ups Tiz used to have - https://cycling.today/2024-tour-de-pologne-live-stream/

MinardiM189 replied to MinardiM189 | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Fortunately I decided to stick with the 3 that were involved with the crash yesterday, they came 1st, 4th & 5th.

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

I foolishly tinkered.....

MinardiM189 replied to 11waterloo | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Yes you had a decent team for today from Stage1.

It looks like winniewinner1 missed entering the competition which is a shame.

When I won the purist competition, the person in the top position missed the last race handing victory to me.

0 likes

Yes, it does devalue the game a bit when someone misses a race or a stage. You will be eating into my lead as I didn't have Wellens or Onley today. I need to just steady the ship before the Vuelta.

0 likes

Good to see winniewinner made Stage 2.

I think you should be safe in 1st spot with over 400 point lead.

0 likes

I never count my chickens... Disaster lurks round every bend!

0 likes

I went in all sprinters today with the risk that one of them didn't finish.

Sod's law - Ackermann crashed out.

0 likes

In a similar move I used six transfers, including bringing Ackermann in, so can't really replace him for tomorrow. It's a lottery picking sprinters at the best of times so having one DNF is something you can really do without! Hoping I am using all my bad luck up before the Vuelta.... 

0 likes

At least we are having the same bad luck ☺ Ackermann didn't crash he was ill.

In the Vuelta I think the problem will be having too many spare transfers and making changes for the sake of it.

So many stages have break written all over them, I bet the teams are really pleased Pogacar isn't there.

0 likes

That is very true. Not making a transfer is often the hardest thing to do. 

0 likes

Your extra sprinter giving you an extra chance of getting good points. Meuus and van Uden have taken your lead back well over 400 points indecision

Bauhaus and Pedersen hit the deck creating a transfer dilemna for me. My strategy was to keep them in for tomorrow but now I may have to keep Kooij in and not use Kelderman tomorrow.

0 likes

Yes, I felt that 3 of last 4 stages being sprints made a sprint heavy team worth the gamble. You can't legislate for crashes/illness, but you were especially unlucky in having 3 sprinters not getting to sprint (although everyone has Pedersen so his loss is neutralised in terms of the game) Hopefully we will get some news about the extent of the injuries before the deadline tomorrow.

0 likes

I thought the same but only brought 5 sprinters in.

Hopefully I can make a difference with the 2 extra remaining transfers.

0 likes

Yes, I'm a bit light for transfers now. Will inevitably slip backwards in this race I fear.

11waterloo replied to 11waterloo | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Todays stage is an odd one to predict. My instinct is that it is too hard for Nys but I didn't have the nerve to leave him out given that he is the bookies favourite! 

0 likes

I have Nys in too.

They have used the same finish before but mainly from a different direction. On this finish in 2021 there were a few riders high up who are probably slower than Nys on this type of finish, Vendrame 3rd, Dion Smith 5th, Tullett 7th. So I expect him to do OK.

I used 3 of my remaining transfers for today, so will be sprinter light tomorrow Merlier, Klooij & Meeus probably.

Hopefully I can still pip the guy in 1st place and take my first race win for several years.

0 likes

Luckily I didn't trust my instinct & I put Nys in. Mohoric let me down a bit today. I thought he must be feeling good as he was nicking bonus seconds in the intermediate sprints over the last two days. Felt he might go long to try and disrupt Visma. Best of luck tomorrow, I won the Poland Tour in 2022 according to my palmares! I notice that the chap leading the race had Onley today and no Kelderman and he has two tranfers like you so it is all to play for. Just beware of someone coming in with 8 sprinters and leapfrogging everyone!

Pages

Latest Comments