Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Toseek integrated aero bars

Has anyone had any experience of these bars from Amazon? Tempted not for any aero gains but because I tried a friend's bike with a similar bar on recently and loved the hand position on the tops. Good economy buy or too good to be true?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

maxdabrit | 2 years ago
0 likes

I have used these bars on 2 bikes of mine for almost 3 years. I have nothing but praise for them and would not hesitate to buy them again. My only issue was with the thread on the underside 'Garmin mount' stripped on one bolt hole. Plumbers tape worked well enough to provide adequate bolt purchase.

hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
1 like

I did try to get some cheap bars like that from AliExpress once upon a time, but they had really poor build quality and cracked whilst tightening up the headset screws (with a torque wrench up to 5Nm). I then removed them without trying them as I'd lost any confidence in them.

These are a different brand and seller, but I wouldn't trust them at that price.

Rendel Harris replied to hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the reply, yes that seems to be the general experience of Chinese knockoff carbon. Some promising secondhand items on eBay probably more the way to go.

Richard_pics replied to Rendel Harris | 2 years ago
0 likes

Both are complete unknowns. How do you know the second hand ones havent been dropped repeatedly? 

Some of the Chinese carbon products are well made. Just because they are cheap doesnt mean they are poor quality. They often make OE stuff for the big name brands. Just because it hasnt a recognised name brand on it, doesnt mean it hasnt had rigorous testing.

Rendel Harris replied to Richard_pics | 2 years ago
0 likes

Richard_pics wrote:

Both are complete unknowns. How do you know the second hand ones havent been dropped repeatedly? 

Some of the Chinese carbon products are well made. Just because they are cheap doesnt mean they are poor quality. They often make OE stuff for the big name brands. Just because it hasnt a recognised name brand on it, doesnt mean it hasnt had rigorous testing.

Ta for advice - went for cheapish (£60) alloy aeros in the end as weight was less important than having a position that would rest my many-times-rugby-injured wrists.

kaza456 replied to Rendel Harris | 2 years ago
0 likes

Lol, it reminds me of my bike. so many issues but thanks for this chat I could get ideas on how to repair it. 

Latest Comments