Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Thermal leggings/bib for long legs

Hi folks,

So I've never had thermal leggings as always struggled to find the right size, dug out the Aldi ones I got a few years ago for a ride yesterday and the legs were super tight and even pulled up the chamois didn't touch where it should if you know what I mean....

Can anyone suggest good brands for long legs? I'm 6'1 and usually around a 34 leg and would like some good length and fit leggings?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
0 likes

I'm currently using DHB Flashlight Thermo bib tights in a medium and they seem to fit fine - 6'1 with 34" leg (two, actually) and around 34" waist.

Yorkshirelad1 replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks I think I thought I'd I spend more money than usual I'll get a bette edit which is partly true but the most important part is the chamois position and fit I think but also getting the length... I'll have a look at some DHB reviews to get an idea of the type of pad they have 

HeadDown | 3 years ago
0 likes

I'd recommend just adding leg warmers to the bib shorts, or at least I found that to be the solution after struggling similarly. I am 6 foot and 34" leg. I bought some Lusso (British brand, decently priced) Max Repel leg warmers, anti-rain and come up very long - almost to the crotch (underneath the shorts, of course) in a size medium. Seem to be pretty good in anti-foul weather, so far. 

Yorkshirelad1 replied to HeadDown | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks yes I'll look at the Lusso reviews too

Yorkshirelad1 | 3 years ago
0 likes

I think I'm just unlucky. So I bought some Endura Pro SL's, good sizing but the pad wasn't far enough back, I then got some Gore C5 thermal bibs because I heard about the pad being further back, they're much more comfortable with the pad in the correct place for my sitbones (mine seem to be further back than most normal humans) but..... when I'm stood up the pad doesn't sit on my ass, just slightly off it!

Anyone else had this? They say it's trial and error getting the correct ones and it really is! I'm about 6'2 and 35 waist with long legs, the tights are fine in leg length it's just the sagging! I suppose the ideal fit will be some that have straps that tighten up?

TheBillder replied to Yorkshirelad1 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Shorten the straps with a few stitches? I am your size but the opposite proportions (short legs) and have considered adding an inch or two into bib straps.

Mery Alex | 3 years ago
0 likes

I advise the now which I found on  https://bit.ly/2Il2toFwhich is doing a nice bib and cycling long legs. And the best important part is they can customize, so maybe it helps us get the right size. It specializes in a 4D high impact pad. The layered chamois uses low-volume, perforated, multi-density foam padding. Four-way stretch, breathability, moisture, lightweight and lasting warmth. Anyway, hope you can find your one. Cause this is just my feeling. 

Oberon | 3 years ago
0 likes

I can recommend Castelli. Their 3XL bibs work for me, albeit a bit tighter than I might like. I'm 6'7" with a 36-38" inside leg.

Nick T | 3 years ago
0 likes

Another shout for galibier tights, I'm 6ft and size L is a little too long for me but wearable, M is spot on. Also one of the few places offering padless tights still, last time I looked. 

iandusud | 3 years ago
0 likes

I'm 6'1" with 34 inside leg and don't really struggle with this. I will admit that the legs could be a bit longer in my bib tights but they're long enough to cover my socks and fit inside my overshoes. I currently have two pairs of bib tights on the go. One are Madison (size L ) and the other Decathlon but they no longer have the label so I don't know what size. I would highly recommend Galibier cycle clothing (https://galibier.cc/) as both excellent quaility and value for money. They are also very helpful with regard to sizing if you email them. The other leggings I wear for my daily commute are Tudor Sport (https://www.tudorsports.co.uk/) tights which are very comfortable and hard wearing (I wear them with braces) and they offer a made to measure service. I got mine made M with +2" on the legs. However I've just looked at their website and read the following: 

Note November 2020 : We are normally able to offer a Custom make option, Made to Measure to Individual Waist and Inside Leg measurements but with reduced production capacity due to Covid 19 restrictions we are currently unable to offer this service.

I hope the above is of help.

Yorkshirelad1 replied to iandusud | 3 years ago
0 likes

Brilliant thank you, I'll look into those 

Latest Comments