Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Superteam Wheels/eBay

I know that there are a few riders looking to buy these wheels. They are priced right but before you do I want to share my experience. I should have bought good wheels to begin with since I have now lost almost $400 I paid for a set after they failed 2 months into a 2 year warranty. How did that happen you ask? ...

I purchased a set of Superteam 3K 50mm carbon wheels with R13 hubs from superteambike on eBay in December 2021. These wheels had a 2 year warranty (worthless.) They lasted 2 months when in February 2022 the rear hub would no longer freewheel in reverse, instead locking up. I have an expensive bike so I'm careful and this was no fault of my own. The hub was also noisy from Day 1. The front hub also sounded strange from Day 1. I contacted eBay after Superteambike wouldn't respond to my several messages 2 months after the wheel failure through eBay. It appears that there was nothing eBay could do for me to remedy my issue. I couldn't even leave negative feedback for superteambike since this was past the 30 day threshold. So much for their Buyer Protection Guarantee!? eBay instructed me to contact superteambike to honor their 2 year warranty which is what I tried doing many times prior to contacting eBay. After a lengthy chat eBay they stated superteambike would be reported and investigated as a bad vendor. Nothing has been done to remedy issues on my end though. Essentially I purchased a set of wheels for almost $400 that lasted 2 months. Superteam wheels is a bad product... made worse by a shister company who won't honor their own 2 year warranty... and even made worse by eBay's current rules & regs. BUYER BEWARE!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

VeloUSA | 2 years ago
0 likes

Superteam eBay resellers refer to the hubs as Powerway RA13 but in reality they are Bitex RAR13 hubs. You may have better luck contacting Bitex UK https://bitexhubs.co.uk/

kil0ran | 2 years ago
2 likes

What's wrong with them? Have you had them apart to check the bearings and the freehub? Strip and service might sort it unless there's irreparable damage to the bearing seats. Take the freehub off and see if you can find the part number, it won't be expensive to replace.

Latest Comments