Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stretford cycle upgrades (near Manchester)

Hi all, just posting this for people who frequent Stretford and who might like to contribute to this consultation on plans to add more cycle infra to Talbot Road/Seymour Grove.

https://trafford.citizenspace.com/place/mcf-tranche-6-consultation/

To my eye it looks like a good scheme and is well worth supporting.  Especially as the bidirectional cycleway proposed for the top of Seymour Grove would appear to be an obvious future connection to Upper Chorlton Road and the Chorlton Cycleway.

Basically, it's helping create a network, and we know that networked cycle infrastructure (not isolated cycleways) is what enables mass takeup of cycling.

For my feedback I simply asked for more greenery.  Rain gardens to prevent motorists bumping up to park on the cycleway, trees for shade in the summer, etc.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Kapelmuur | 9 months ago
1 like

Thanks for sharing, I live in Timperley so the problem for me is the lack of cycling infrastructure from Altrincham to where it starts around Old Trafford.

The Bridgewater canal towpath is an option but it is busy with pedestrians, joggers and dog walkers so not ideal for cycling at much above walking pace.

Latest Comments