Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shoe advice please

Hello, hoping people may have some advice on shoes. I’ve had a few over the years and sizing can be hit or miss as I am sure you are all aware!
Currently my best fitting shoes are Shimano r171 in 45E (wide). Struggling to find a newer equivalent in that size for reasonable money as I think they have restricted the offering on wide/E fit.
I’m not really keen on spending more than I need to but would really like carbon soles, boa/atop dials that allow for micro adjustment, and generally a clean looking shoe.
The others I have just now are:
Fizik r5 in 46 - great looking but a bit too long, sole has a bit too much flex for me.
Gaerne Tornado MTB in 45 - awesome shoe but tiny wee bit tight on longer rides. Have this for my mtb pedal bikes.
Bont riot mtb in 46 - solid but a bit loose.

I was looking at Luck genius shoes as they have a pair on special for around €100.
Also looking at a brand I’ve never heard of Red cycling products PRO road carbon. Found them for about £100.
Some sites have the Giro Sentrie Techlace for around £90 but thinking Giro’s are usually very narrow and these may be a bit vented for use in Scotland.
Also looking at the Ekoi Strada as they regularly have them on for a good price (have a pair on the way as of a few minutes ago).
Generally speaking I don’t think I’ve got really wide feet but I know that some manufacturers make them pretty slim. Collect adidas originals trainers and I’m a UK 10 all day long.
I know going into a shop is the best way to find out but currently not able to for obvious reasons.

Appreciate any advice anyone has and apologies for the rambling post!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments