Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Scooby the dog - hit by cyclist.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-55996873

Scooby the dog apparently hit by a cyclist after his owner allowed him to escape her control (dog, not cyclist, though possibly both - you know what cyclists are like).

Take home message - dig owner hopes this incident will be a warning to cyclists!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Madteclind | 3 years ago
1 like

I somehow fail to see how this can be the cyclists problem, it's not like you have some 6th sense to let you know a dog i running wild when you're out riding.

Captain Badger | 3 years ago
0 likes

WTF?? They're supposed to keep their f&cking animals under control..... Luckily for the dog, and no thanks to the feckless owner, it didn't end up with a bus tyre track across its back...

Mungecrundle | 3 years ago
1 like

"Dig owner..."

Irritating typo which I cannot edit away.

Apparently the "Revision publish date can't be smaller than now". Which unless I am very much mistaken* is a passage from the Bible pressaging the end of days.

*I am almost certainly very much mistaken.

hawkinspeter replied to Mungecrundle | 3 years ago
0 likes

I've seen that bug too - editing or deleting forum posts doesn't currently work.

wtjs | 3 years ago
0 likes

People with 3 dogs are generally nutters of one type or another, so prone to allow dogs to 'slip collars', despite all 3 being pictured with harnesses. She should have been warned/ prosecuted (Ho! Ho!) for endangering cyclists. This other 3 dog nutter below had all 3 in the front passenger compartment, but the famously deranged Blackpool TacOps Sergeant decided they 'could have been correctly restrained' because such restraining devices (for 1 dog only, of course) exist. That's apart from crossing double white lines in a dangerous position on a humped bridge, which FDBTS also decided was a NaOiL (Not an Offence in Lancashire). Nowadays, I would get straight into a complaint.

hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
0 likes

To be fair, the owner did have the dog on a lead, though whether it was fit for purpose is debatable.

I'm surprised that the cyclist(s) didn't stop - I would if I'd just hit a dog as usually the owner isn't too far behind (whereas cats deserve what they get and good luck trying to find a cat's owner).

the little onion | 3 years ago
0 likes

So the dog was running out of control and somehow this is the cyclists' fault? 

Hirsute replied to the little onion | 3 years ago
0 likes

Yes because they came "whizzing from nowhere"

Let's hope there are no cars or motorbikes on IoW.

Warning dog owners - fit a proper lead.

HoarseMann replied to the little onion | 3 years ago
0 likes

The 'Island Echo' facebook page has a post about it. From the comments it looks like it happened on a National Cycle Network path and the owner has got a second hand version of events from the bloke who was walking the dogs. So I'd take this story with a large pinch of salt!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/IslandEcho/posts/

Latest Comments