Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Residents on 'dangerous' Bristol road call for change after two injured in car crash

//live.staticflickr.com/78/166288241_f9dc49219d.jpg)
("Squirrel" by Californian Em is licensed under Creative Commons)

Not directly bike related but hear me out - what if one side was made into a protected cycle lane with double yellows?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/residents-dangerous-bristol-road-call-6617872

Quote:

Scott Forrest, who has lived on Coldharbour Road for 20 years, says the street is becoming increasingly dangerous as it is too narrow for cars to drive along in both directions.

The 53-year-old says that means there is often heavy traffic, and that drivers sometimes become angry and shout at each other after getting stuck.

He said he has had abuse hurled at him from frustrated drivers while he has been sitting in his own front garden, and he says the crash last week has increased the urgency for change among residents.

"It's just painful, it's frustrating. Certainly every day of the week we at least have two or three car horns going, because of people being frustrated with each other.

"There's always an emergency service vehicle with flashing lights and sirens going, every day of the week.

"A neighbour saw an ambulance getting caught up in some congestion so there's a possibility of emergency services being delayed getting to life or death incidents," said Scott.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

mdavidford | 2 years ago
6 likes

Quote:

He said he has had abuse hurled at him from frustrated drivers while he has been sitting in his own front garden

Bloody entitled gardeners - deliberately holding up traffic - don't even pay rhododendron tax...

hawkinspeter replied to mdavidford | 2 years ago
3 likes
mdavidford wrote:

Bloody entitled gardeners - deliberately holding up traffic - don't even pay rhododendron tax...

As I understand it, the drivers are furious about his garden ornaments. He calls them his elves, but that's just a common misgnomer.

brooksby | 2 years ago
2 likes

Quote:

... the street is becoming increasingly dangerous as it is too narrow for cars to drive along in both directions.

Hmm - I wonder if that is because of cars parked along both sides...? 

hawkinspeter replied to brooksby | 2 years ago
2 likes

brooksby wrote:

Hmm - I wonder if that is because of cars parked along both sides...? 

He says that later - I didn't quote the entire article (fair-use or something or other)

Quote:

"The irony in all of it is they put the crossing in because it's a busy road but they haven't done anything about the parking.

"So that busy road is now even busier because of double parking," he said.

Latest Comments