Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Proviz - demographics

I love my Proviz jacket and rucksack for commuting, but of late I've been distinctly unimpressed with their attempts to expand out of their core market rather than making the most of a good thing.  

1 of 2 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Rendel Harris | 2 years ago
0 likes

They are definitely trying to position themselves as a sort of Rapha-lite brand for trendies and I agree it's a poor strategy (I speak as one who loves his ProViz jacket), they have a USP and do it really well, as far as I can see their latest offerings don't really offer anything anyone else isn't providing and they are pretty ambitiously priced as well.

As for a special jersey for Peloton, give me strength! One of the relaxing things about going on Zwift is that one can sling anything on, I wouldn't want to do indoor training that made me feel I had to dress up for it.

Daveyraveygravey | 2 years ago
0 likes

I bought one of their reflective jackets on Black Friday in November.  At 60 odd quid, it seemed a relative bargain, and I'm very pleased with it.

hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
3 likes

I'm still using a Proviz rucksack that's now looking quite battered, but it's still highly reflective. I had some gloves, but my skin didn't like the rubber material on the cuffs, so they got binned. Also got a coat, but it's a terrible fit so that never gets used.

They're a brand with one good idea and lots of questionable decisions.

Secret_squirrel replied to hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
1 like

That sums up my experience to a "T"

Except I quite like the gloves and a baggy coat was fine for commuting  3

Hirsute replied to Secret_squirrel | 2 years ago
1 like

Due to home working, haven't used the jacket much but a few times this winter, I found a distinct lack of breathability that I didn't recall having before.

mdavidford replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
6 likes

Is it suffering from long Covid?

Secret_squirrel | 2 years ago
0 likes

Capped today by this gem

I just dont think I'm the droid they are looking for any more.  Zwift would have been a stretch but vaguely logical....but Peloton?  Has anyone who owns a Peloton ever even exercised outside?  (Snark obvs)

2 of 2

Hirsute replied to Secret_squirrel | 2 years ago
3 likes

Given the propensity for drivers to hit buildings, maybe the hiviz will protect you ?

Latest Comments