Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

price increase and spam emails

I am part of a fantasy league of 9 individuals; we have been on road.cc for maybe 5 years now. We are all a bit dismayed by the effective doubling of the subscription price, not to mention the email spamming (21 identical emails so far this morning, spaced out every few minutes). There are other platforms for fantasy cycling that neither charge nor spam emails.

Why the price change? Why should we be spammed?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Speaking of price increases. It seems like a long time ago since I last subscribed. Have I missed a renewal notice in my emails?...Any way of checking?

orensmizr | 2 years ago
0 likes

I'm seeing a lot of replies re: the spam emails. I understand this is a technical glitch. I'm more concerned about the price increase. 

Jack Sexty | 2 years ago
1 like

Hi all,

We're really sorry about the email spamming situation, it's absolutely not intentional I promise! The company responsible for sending out emails to our mailing list can't work out the problem currently, but we're really hoping to have it resolved asap. 

Thanks,

Jack

Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

What emails did you get today? I didn't get any.

dst replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Subject:
road.cc Fantasy Cycling: your premium membership expires in one week

Body:
Hello Fantasy Cycling player. This email is to remind you that your Fantasy Cycling premium membership is due to expire in one week.
The way that membership works is changing. Fantasy Cycling premium membership is now part of the road.cc subscription. By subscribing to the site you help to support us directly, and you can opt to read the site ad-free. As the subscriber base grows we will roll out more subs-only benefits. Subscription to road.cc costs £1.99 a month, or £19.99 a year. Click here to subscribe.

dst replied to dst | 2 years ago
0 likes

I've had another 5 in the last hour, all the same as that

Hirsute | 2 years ago
1 like

Duplication of emails sounds more of a cock up than deliberate, with the same process rerunning in error.

dst | 2 years ago
0 likes

This is getting on my nerves now too! Have had 25 emails (and counting) since 2pm today

Latest Comments