Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Prepare to be outraged!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Organon | 2 years ago
0 likes

I'll say just one thing for Boris; he does actually ride a bike from time to time. 

PRSboy | 2 years ago
3 likes

Nothing to see here.  I imagine that the govt will treat the petition with the contempt it deserves.  There are plenty of others with far greater support which have also gone nowhere.  10,000 is not even a high percentage of the Daily Mail readership.

brooksby | 2 years ago
3 likes

Quote:

The lawyer also wants mandatory use of cycle lanes

Well then he'd better start campaigning for more cycle lanes, hadn't he?

ktache replied to brooksby | 2 years ago
2 likes

Don't worry, logic would hold that motorists therefore must use motorways so those big A roads that essentially run parallel to the M ways can be turned into very wide cycle routes.

wycombewheeler replied to ktache | 2 years ago
2 likes

ktache wrote:

Don't worry, logic would hold that motorists therefore must use motorways so those big A roads that essentially run parallel to the M ways can be turned into very wide cycle routes.

every town and city, half the roads become cycle paths, and the other half have cycles excluded.

Not sure sure I can see drivers queuing up to support that one though.

chrisonabike | 2 years ago
3 likes

My motivation guesstimate: 70% publicity generation / 25% grumpy old man shouting at bikes / 5% genuine trolling. Also predictably stated - dog-whistle stuff along the lines of "millions of turks poised to invade the UK" (1, 2, 3). Still - it's clearly what lots of people are prepared to hear...

However given the general UK and the specific Conservative "best leave things as they are" it won't go anywhere.

Steve K | 2 years ago
3 likes

Not sure how a petition that has closed can "gather momentum".

Latest Comments