Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Bike: Which one to choose? Bianchi Sprint or Trek Emonda SL6 dilemma

Hello everyone, having been cycling for few years now I'm trying to upgrade to low range carbon road bike. My budget is around £3k. I've done a lot of research, I'm aware of bike shortages due to Covid and I don't want to wait few months for a new bike. Bike that I was after is sold out and I'm now down to 2 bikes which are Bianchi Sprint Ultegra and Trek Emonda SL6. They have very similar specs so I'm wondering if any of you have any experience of any of these bikes to share.
Thanks.

https://www.bianchi.com/bike/sprint-disc-ultegra-11sp/

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/road-bikes/performance-road-bik...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

glennhiggs | 3 years ago
0 likes

I have an SL6 and think it's great. Really comfy and great on the hills (which I'm not) the big bottom bracket makes it feel really solid. It came with 28 tyres which was a big change from my old bike with 23s, but definitely sold on fatter tyres.

Julia1983 replied to glennhiggs | 3 years ago
0 likes

Great to hear this, Glenn. Do you also find it comfy on longer rides? I tend to do 40-70 miles on my days off. Oh yes, 28 is definitely more comfortable that 23. My other half had 23 tyres on his old bike and I could literally feel every bump. I have 28 wide on my current road bike and can definitely feel difference in riding comfort

Recoveryride | 3 years ago
0 likes

I've had an Emonda - not that model - and it was a good bike. It's pretty lively and responsive, though, and not the most comfortable. I've not ridden a Bianchi in years but they look fantastic. The geometry on the Sprint is pretty aggressive, though, so be sure that's what you want.

Either will be great, just make sure it fits and that the geometry is right for you.

Julia1983 replied to Recoveryride | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thank you, good to hear you were happy with Emonda. I will get fitting with whichever bike I go for. Tbh I'm not a racer, but I like to ride long distance at comfortable speed which for me is 15mph on average so I'm getting more drawn to Trek.

Latest Comments