Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New bike help

Hi all.
I'm after a replacement for my Mason Bokeh adventure gravel bike, that I've had stolen from our home.
I'm after something a bit racier 700c X max 40mm, as main use is commute over tarmac , ideally mud guard mounts. Carbon frame , Hydraulic disc , 105 or equivalent mechanical shifting, hidden/integrated cabling around £3k.
Think along lines
Giant Revolt or TCR
Trek checkpoint
Specialized diverge
Ribble endurance SL (albeit only 25mm with guards) or CRG
Orbea Oreo (32mm max which is what I had not sure if takes guards)
Canyon CF SL (30mm max not sure if take guards and no stick)
Anything else? What's best deal??
Looking second hand too but trying find something that fits spec size location price etc not found anything yet ...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Secret_squirrel | 1 year ago
1 like

Reilly T325D?

Not carbon (Ti) but a great deal at this price.

https://www.reillycycleworks.com/products/t325d-road-disc-shimano-105-di...

mark1a replied to Secret_squirrel | 1 year ago
0 likes

That's an amazing offer price. My build total for a recent Ti acquisition was more than that with mechanical 105. 

AndyH01 replied to Secret_squirrel | 1 year ago
0 likes

Hmm I'll take a look , really just want mechanical shifting rather than di2.
I also want something a bit sporty carbon

IanMSpencer | 1 year ago
0 likes

I am very happy with my Revolt Advanced 2 (i.e. the carbon version) but I haven't ridden anything else comparable, but works for me as a winter bike and (sensible) off road. Comparing with other riders, the only issue I see is that the long term off road riders use much lower gearing than the 48/31 - 11/34 setup I have, but to be honest, if 31/34 won't get me up hill, I'm walking anyway.

Secret_squirrel replied to IanMSpencer | 1 year ago
0 likes

31 x 34 works for me offroad for anything a gravel bike is capable of handling.

Would stretch to Sram 11-36 if I was loading up.

JOK | 1 year ago
0 likes

Hello. I have a Brompton with a rack that has little wheels so I can push it along like a pram when folded. Saves carrying it. My wife just bought a Carrera folder because she wanted 20inch wheels. It doesn't have the "roll it along" option on the rack.' Does anyone know of any company that makes something that would basically do the same thing? Thanks 

JustTryingToGet... replied to JOK | 1 year ago
0 likes
JOK wrote:

Hello. I have a Brompton with a rack that has little wheels so I can push it along like a pram when folded. Saves carrying it. My wife just bought a Carrera folder because she wanted 20inch wheels. It doesn't have the "roll it along" option on the rack.' Does anyone know of any company that makes something that would basically do the same thing? Thanks 

I have a Dahon as my fold up. Funnily enough, I bought it because I wanted 20inch wheels. I don't roll mine, I just carry it... but I have seen other people on the commute rolling them... didn't look like the easiest roll though. It might be possible to change the rack?

Spangly Shiny | 1 year ago
0 likes

A Giant TCR is a 73° parallel race frame and is not your ideal partner on the rough. Been there, tried it, not very nice.

Daveyraveygravey | 1 year ago
0 likes

Another Mason?  Or a Fairlight?  Kinesis?

AndyH01 replied to Daveyraveygravey | 1 year ago
0 likes

I want something a bit sportier this time around as good as the Mason was/is it's a bit of a tank especially with rack and guards on oh and seperate battery pack and light set up...

Latest Comments