Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ksyrium Elite UST Tire recommendations

Hello:

I am looking for tire (tyre) recommendations for my Mavic Ksyrium Elite UST wheels. I had the Yksion Pro UST installed and they have been getting punctures and flats way too often (side wall and on the regular tread). I purchased the Continental 5000 and they refuse to go on the wheel no matter how much I heat them up or try repositioning the bead.
Anyone have these wheels and have success with other tires that are not impossible to mount?

Thanks!
Chris

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

a4th | 3 years ago
0 likes

I share your pain on the GP5000s - I moved up to 32s and they were better in terms of fit but still a real pain. 

in terms of alternatives, I'm a big fan of the Pirelli Cinturato Velo - fast enough and completely bomb proof. Pretty easy to mount as well. 

if you want something faster the old S-Works turbo tubeless is fast and easy to fit. Probably good for summer but not one I'd fancy in the winter. Think they've been replaced by something else though so they are a bit harder to find.

cnyenter replied to a4th | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the suggestion.  I actually just had the Cinturatos delivered this morning and will try to mount them today.  Appreciate it!

Latest Comments