Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Kickr/campag problem

I have a wahoo kickr Core, and want to use my campag 10S-equipped bike on it (rather than my 'best bike' which is Shimano equipped).  The problem as many will know is that the freehub body on the Kickr is Shimano, and getting a campag freehub body for it in the UK seems nigh on impossible.  So, my questions... any advice gratefully received. 

- would a 10s shimano cassette work with the campag indexing and chain, particularly if I bought a cheapo one which I could doctor with some spacers?

- could I buy any campag freehub body for a shimano hub and fit it to the Kickr?

- does no-one make a campag compatible cassette which fits a shimano freehub, other than IRD, which again are difficult to get hold of?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Richbeck | 3 years ago
0 likes

Maybe this;
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m8b0s150p2151/AMBROSIO-10-Speed-Shimano-spli...

I think that Miche might do something similar too.

PRSboy replied to Richbeck | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thank you so much, that is exactly what I'm looking for, but had failed to find!

Same price as the Wahoo freehub body too and I don't need another Campag cassette as well. 

PRSboy replied to Richbeck | 3 years ago
0 likes

Just for closure, I ordered the Ambrosio 12-28 shimano spline/campag spaced cassette from Spa Cycles the other day. It fits the Kickr shimano hub perfectly, and the Centaur 10s derailleur can handle 28t fine, despite 27t being the biggest 'official' Campag 10s sprocket. 

Thanks again for the tip. 

Latest Comments