Looking to upgrade from my entry level Boardman SLR 8.6 to something a little higher up the ladder. Seeking something for around £1-1.5k with the following requirements:
1. Lightweight frame (top spec aluminium or carbon)
2. Shimano 105 (ideally)
3. Wide gearing for climbing, ideally 11-30 or above
4. Strong braking performance (rim or disc)
5. Fun to ride i.e. responsive handling, feels fast
6. Clearance for wider tyres (28mm)
The bike will be used for club runs, longer endurance rides and short, pacy evening rides.
Any recommendations appreciated?
If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.