Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

"I dont know why cyclists put themselves at risk by cycling on the roads"

So on my local Facebook group today there was a anti cyclist rant. Cyclist on pavement they should be in the road it started as then of course the they shouldn't be on the roads they don't pay road tax followed fairly quickly.

One comment stood out, amongst it's anti cyclist drivel was the phrase "I don't know why they put themselves at risk on the road, they should just get a car"
So yes I bit, and asked how it was the cyclist putting themselves at risk of being killed and how it wasnt the car driver that was putting them at risk by dangerous driving.... That went down as well as you could expect... 😂

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

HoarseMann | 2 years ago
10 likes

The only thing the local FB group is good for is estimating the number of idiots in your village (it's more than you think!).

Hirsute | 2 years ago
12 likes

Standard I'm afraid.

You could try Sriracha's line which is to point to the health benefits of cycling and hence the overall population risk is that cycling is safe compared with a sedentary lifestyle.

According to my local rag, if you use a trailer for children, it is child abuse and social services should be contacted. I don't think I bothered trying to explain that if a driver couldn't drive carefuly around children, then maybe the poster should inform social services about the driver.

Latest Comments