Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Hunt Aerodynamicist Disc - experiences

Anyone have a set of these either 44's or 54's.  Reviews seem thin on the ground compared to the Limitless 48's.

Pretty much ruled out other brands at this point thx.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Rapha Nadal | 2 years ago
1 like

They're very fast in a 44 and take next to no effort to spin up to speed and then hold it - cruising around at 30kph+ doesn't require too much effort.  They seem pretty well built for a relatively light wheel (i have the carbon spoked version) and there is no noticable movement/flex when you're giving it a bit of welly.  I've run them with 25's and 28's and both work very well with them.  There could be a bit of a quicker engagement on the freehub but i am comparing to an old pair of Rovals with a DT Swiss ratchet freehub which was instant to engage.

Had to change the freehub body which required two cone spanners - bit of a blast from the past as I've not used those kind of spanners for years!

I can't really comment on how they'll be in the long term as I've only had them for a few months but first impressions are good. 

Secret_squirrel replied to Rapha Nadal | 2 years ago
0 likes

Cool thanx. I have other hunt wheels and too know the cone spanner dance of doom...  odd size too -17mm from memory.  Already having alternative end cap kits is part of the attraction. 

Latest Comments