Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

How to deal with Road Rage in the USA

A case of road rage between a motorist and two cyclists Tuesday night ended with the motorist dead, shot by one of the cyclists after he confronted the pair.

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/25657/road-raging_motorist_dies_after_confrontation_with_armed_cyclist?fbclid=IwAR3Rgw8HBXWeFGN4cKBzrcJc6vFoFG4PUdF4hZIBx_GKjy4CM7yWGtO9l8A

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Hirsute | 3 years ago
1 like

Why on earth would you come at someone with a knife for being delayed for a few seconds?

don simon fbpe replied to Hirsute | 3 years ago
3 likes

Why would you stop the car, get out of the car and spend time arguing with cyclists for being delayed a few minutes?

The knife and the gun are a whole different level of fucked up.

Hirsute replied to don simon fbpe | 3 years ago
0 likes

"Always put one in the brain"

wtjs replied to Hirsute | 3 years ago
0 likes

Why on earth would you come at someone with a knife for being delayed for a few seconds?

The nutters are always with us, I fear. The only difference between this American one (doubtless a Trump supporter, NRA, stop the steal etc. etc.) and the fat slob in the vest in London or somewhere who was filmed on here assaulting a cyclist a few weeks ago (doubtless a Brexit supporting football watcher) is that theirs have assault weapons- this ex-driver's arsenal must have been in for upgrading. 

hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
4 likes

Well, that puts the UK road rages into perspective.

Looks like he (the driver) brought a knife to a gun fight - I'd guess that she (the shooter) will have a good case for self-defense.

I don't get why motorists get so enraged by how someone else is cycling - the worst case is that the motorist may get delayed by a minute or two which just seems insane to get into a violent rage over.

Fifth Gear replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
6 likes

Motorists are not outraged by time. That is just their excuse. The real reason is that they perceive themselves to have entitlement and status well above and far beyond that of a cyclist. They think they own the road and are outraged to see a cyclist usurping their assumed position.

Smiffi replied to Fifth Gear | 3 years ago
4 likes

They do indeed think that.

They've invested in an expensive, polluting, and oversized machine for the express purpose of getting somewhere quickly, unaffected by weather, and in comfort. Getting held up by someone out for a jolly, pleasant, healthy, recreational ride on an inexpensive, low emission, and tiny machine is no what they signed up for.

Cycloid replied to Smiffi | 3 years ago
1 like

I agree with both of the above, just to broaden this topic I have opened a new thread.

Road Rage - Why do motorists hate cyclists?

Latest Comments