Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

hoses to choose

Hello everyone
i'm going to assembly my new custom road bike, and i would like to collect by myself any components.
i will have sram force etap axs 1x shifters/levers and hope tech rx4+ disc brakes; so my question is: which hoses kit do i need? it seems to me "road hydraulic hose kit" (AC-RDK-HYD-A1) but not 100% sure of this... looking on the web i found some similar kit, which differs in "for monobloc calipers" (as rx4 are, and as sram red calipers are as well) and others without any restriction. Again, not completely sure about which the right one is
could anyone help or give a suggestion?
Many thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Secret_squirrel | 2 years ago
0 likes

I think you need this - for the sram end at least.  No clue for the Hope end. 
https://www.lordgunbicycles.co.uk/sram-red-axs-force-axs-2-piece-etap-ax...

Mathemagician | 2 years ago
0 likes

I'm not too up on Sram hydraulic fittings, but the hose kit you've mentioned there appears to have a banjo connection on one end. As far as I'm aware, the connection into the shift / brake lever is not a banjo connection, and the connection into an RX4 isn't Banjo either. So I don't think you need that particular piece of kit. You might want to double check the Sram manuals though to see if there's an instruction on how to fit the hose to the shift lever- that should at least show whether it's a banjo connection or not. 

Latest Comments