Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Highway Code changes...

So motoring writer Mike Rutherford has written a piece about the changes to the HC in Auto Express. And he's in favour of them!

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/opinion/357214/get-familiar-new-highway-co...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Simon_MacMichael | 2 years ago
1 like

Thanks for the post, reckon that's worth a mention on the Live Blog.

brooksby | 2 years ago
3 likes

Quote:

Carry a small thermostat in your car and aim for an interior temp of around 180C. Any hotter and drivers can get lethargic (unsafe). Much lower and they may be irritable (ditto).

I would be pretty irritable  if the car's cabin temperature had exceeded 180C!  3

Simon_MacMichael replied to brooksby | 2 years ago
1 like

brooksby wrote:

Quote:

Carry a small thermostat in your car and aim for an interior temp of around 180C. Any hotter and drivers can get lethargic (unsafe). Much lower and they may be irritable (ditto).

I would be pretty irritable  if the car's cabin temperature had exceeded 180C!  3

Makes a good case for writing "18 Degrees Celsius" rather than "18˚C"

andystow replied to Simon_MacMichael | 2 years ago
1 like

Simon_MacMichael wrote:

brooksby wrote:

Quote:

Makes a good case for writing "18 Degrees Celsius" rather than "18˚C"

Or at least 18 °C as per the international standard. Only for angular degrees does the degree symbol go after the number without a space.

Dingaling replied to andystow | 2 years ago
0 likes

If that is the case anyone using Word would need to know how to key a non- separable space and in my experience most don't. To make it easy for myself I always key degrees without the space. 

Latest Comments