Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro d’Italia

Fingers crossed for an uninterrupted Giro.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

138 comments

Gkam84 | 3 years ago
1 like

What a stage, as much as I don't think racing should be happening, that was great. 0:01 between them into the final TT

Sniffer replied to Gkam84 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Dennis has been fantastic.  There was those that doubted INEOS signing him, but he has been the perfect super domestique team mate.  Looks genuinely to be enjoying himself in this race.

I spent last night going Dennis or TdG.  Went the wrong way. 

Gkam84 replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

Dennis has been fantastic.  There was those that doubted INEOS signing him, but he has been the perfect super domestique team mate.  Looks genuinely to be enjoying himself in this race.

I spent last night going Dennis or TdG.  Went the wrong way.

There was a time where he could have been winning GC himself, he was always going to be a good domestique if he got the right team and wage. He just didn't get on with some in his old team and wasn't willing to work for someone he didn't have faith in.

stevemarks replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

Did the same Cerny or Dennis? went for Cerny, as a saver in case the breakaway was stronger

Condor Andy | 3 years ago
1 like

I forgot to make any subs today, think it worked out for the best.

Gkam84 | 3 years ago
0 likes

All kicked off in Italy today then...Lotto and AG2R seemingly didn't turn up on time for the start, while other teams didn't want to ride 260km in that weather today after long transfers last night, so the CPA (under pressure) had to ask for it to be shortened and many teams aren't happy.

Gkam84 replied to Gkam84 | 3 years ago
1 like

I glad the break stayed away, a bunch sprint over the last 100 metres would have been a crashfest, a dip in the road into a cobble roundabout and a cobbled crossing just before the line. It would have been messy.

Gkam84 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Visconti out as a DNS, so that's the KOM done now. Guerreiro can't really lose it. 

jollygoodvelo replied to Gkam84 | 3 years ago
0 likes

TdG seems to be basically ensuring that he picks it up if Guerreiro does DNF for any reason.

Obviously I'd put Visconti in today, assuming that yesterday he skipped the break to save his gas for today.  Nope!

Gkam84 replied to jollygoodvelo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thankfully, I slept in and missed the deadline today, so didn't put him in. TdG will keep trying, but Guerreiro just has to mark him.

The GC is changing dramatically, so much that the BBC writer must be wetting himself, he's not mentioned Tao once, but is covering Froome and trying to figure out how he can make 30 minutes back...

jollygoodvelo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Right then, with the Agnello apparently off the menu, today's the day.  Double rations of rice cakes!  Bring out your climbers!  We're off to the Stelvio!

I've had a shoddy Giro to be honest, too much chasing and not enough scoring, but just imagine if Thomas hadn't fallen off...

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Fuglsang is haunting me....I've still got him. Fancied today's finish was ok for him if it came back together and tomorrow looks the same.

Could somebody please steal my password and replace him with Visconti or Hindley.

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

The ugly duckling who inevitably becomes a swan when you take him out. I lanced the Fuglsang boil today & replaced him with .......... Ulissi.... I'll get my coat.

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

I would have joined you had it not been for the Coronavirus in that team. 

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

.......Ulissi in the break today. He clearly knew I had taken him out!

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Well that was a mess. Avoided Ulissi after the news of a positive test for UAE. Turns out it's Gaviria AGAIN.

Looks like UAE are still continuing.

Gkam84 replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
1 like

It could only be Gaviria, here is why...I've only got 2 riders left in my purist...

Dr Winston replied to Gkam84 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Ouch. I once was down to two...but at least that was only on the final day of a small tour. 

0 likes

Evens it out though, 3 Covid and 3 crashes. Now what will Ganna and Fuglsang do to themselves in the last week? Does everyone want a heads up for Vuleta of who to avoid...

I've gone for something different as I CBA with racing at the moment, it shouldn't be happening. I've got my purist squad and my standard the same, so both will run "as is" until someone isn't there and I can replace them in my standard. See how I get on.

Condor Andy replied to Gkam84 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Oh that's rough, don't think I've ever seen worse luck in a purist team ever.

d_jp replied to Condor Andy | 3 years ago
0 likes

I was wondering if being down to 3 in my purist team (Ganna, Demare & Masnada left - lost Thomas, Yates, Matthews, Ciccone & Gaviria) would be some kind of record, but you have outdone me Gkam!

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Ciccone not starting.

0 likes

Molano will not make the time cut after his crash and delay for treatment. It should be 25% today, with a 43min, that'll be around 10/11 minutes. So 54/55min limit. He's come in over 58

0 likes

Correction, they've said it will be 30% for the cut today. Still means Molano isn't making it, but his hand was in quite a mess. Don't know how he managed, but he hit the inside wall on a corner.

0 likes

Ganna 42:40, today's stage winner.

Now over to see what the GC guys can do, but that isn't getting beaten

0 likes

Don't know what obscure rule they have pulled out, but Molano is still being classified in the official results from Giro...Might need to update the game

Dr Winston replied to Gkam84 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Any news on the Vuelta?....what's the views from where you are now?...obviously starting but will it finish?

0 likes

I'm really not sure. It looks like ASO/UCI are just going to plough on as usual and the Spanish government seem to be allowing them so far. Teams and officials are mainly on the ground in and around Irun now ready for the race to begin on Tuesday, whether it or Giro gets to finish their full compliment of stages is still to be seen. 

I'm not sure Madrid Challenge will happen, womens teams pulled out of Flanders because of the lack of protocols being followed, both by the race and other teams. There was no way to call it secure.

Condor Andy replied to Gkam84 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Yeah just seen that on Twitter. Race jury apparently manually set the time limit to 16 minutes so Molano can start. Guess that means he got last place.

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
1 like

Really enjoyed today's stage (stage13). It didn't quite know what it was.

Demare was awesome...doomed but awesome.

Pages

Latest Comments