Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giant contend SL1 2017 disc - what freehub ?

Hi All, 

I hope someone here can help and tell what type of freehub is there origaly fitted in Giant contend SL1 disc? It is for Shimano 105 11s. Wheel Giant S-R2. Also i struggle to remove it. I managed to remove the axle but the freehub is not comin out. It is a little wobbly and stopped doing its work. After trying to remove it it somehow started working again, but when puting everything back togheter, it makes some cracking sounds like if the a spokes are about to get demaged and teh wheel seems to be now seriously out of true. Is it best to replace the whole wheel? SR2 ar eno longer available, i am told, so i got ofered P-R2 for £265 for a set 

thank you

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

check12 | 1 year ago
0 likes

Post a picture someone might be able to tell you 

peted76 | 1 year ago
0 likes

They've used DTSwiss previously.. but effectivly they will be propriatary Giant hubs.. you should be able to get them fixed at your nearest dealer. 

However it's not a great wheel and I doubt it'd be finacially worth it.. I'd take a look on fleabay for other rear wheels. 

Latest Comments