Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Garmin "Make a U-Turn" problem

Hi all, anyone else had their Garmin tell them to "Make a U-turn" for miles and miles when the map shows that you're actually following the course that you planned using Garmin Connect (or Strava or RWGPS or anything else)?

On the club ride I was leading last weekend it went on for 16 miles. I assume it thought I had missed a waypoint that was accidentally up a side street (happens when planning without zooming in sometimes) but how do you cancel the repeated messages? Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

IanMSpencer | 9 months ago
2 likes

You will get that on a straight road leading to a cafe if you are coming back the same way.

But as others have mentioned, the recalculate routes setting is a no-no - at the first deviation it will recalculate directly to the final point - usually the start!

HoarseMann | 9 months ago
2 likes

There's a setting to turn off automatic (or prompted) recalculating a route if you go off-course. That should stop this sort of annoying message.

I did try 'prompted' re-routing for a while, but it just keeps nagging you to recalculate the route.

matthewn5 replied to HoarseMann | 9 months ago
1 like

Thanks, I've turned that off @HoarseMann, let's see if that solves it!

HoarseMann replied to matthewn5 | 9 months ago
0 likes

Fingers crossed it works. It should just beep once and say 'off-course' until you rejoin then it'll pop-up 'course found'.

Steve K | 9 months ago
2 likes

A PITA, but I think if you stop the course and then start it again (without routing to start!) it should sort it.

dottgl | 9 months ago
1 like

I have the same issue constantly drives me nuts! Last time out my 1030 started routing me back the way I'd come after a slight detour for a cafe

Latest Comments