Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Driver almost hits little boy

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18265668/moment-driver-almost-hits-little-...

Shame the date on the video is more than 14 days ago, or someone could upload it to the relevant police force.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

AlsoSomniloquism | 1 year ago
0 likes

This was linked from the original local paper website in the comments on Monday or Tuesday's blog. 

I doubt the Police would do anything to the driver due to him avoiding the child who did pull out on him. However in those comments and as below, we did point out that for someone boasting about seeing the kid and avoiding plowing them down, they didn't seem to be slowing to ensure they gave the distance needed if the cyclist hadn't been distracted and turning. 

Cocovelo | 1 year ago
8 likes

"I see this kid on the bike and I thought 'he could do something'."

But don't slow down or anything, just keep ploughing on at 40 mph. A**e h*le. Yes the boy should be looking where he's going and yes he shouldn't just roll out onto the road. But the whole article is written as though the driver has done this kid a favour by not killing him. Whatever happened to hazard perception, reading the road and compassion for CHILDREN FFS? There seems to be this psychological barrier for drivists that prevents then from slowing down for anyone else on the road. If someone steps/rolls/falls onto the road then it's too bad what happens and entirely their own fault because they entered the cars sacred space.

IanGlasgow replied to Cocovelo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Didn't look like he was going to pass giving at least 2m clearance as The Highway Code expects at that speed.

Latest Comments