Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cycliq Fly6 Gen 3

Anyone else still waiting for theirs to arrive? Mine was a Christmas present and it has been delayed 2-3 times and was allegedly finally shipped at the end of May and now it is apparently stuck at Customs somewhere

Dont think I've ever waited so long for something that I don't even know if I want!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

SimonAY | 2 years ago
0 likes

Mine finally arrived in early July, had fairly regular use since and it's worked fine (but only used on dry rides)

The _Kaner | 2 years ago
0 likes

"Dont think I've ever waited so long for something that I don't even know if I want!"

You're lucky that you didn't back the Kickstarter project for "Quick Guard"...successfully funded on 11 Nov 2017....still waiting...

wtjs | 2 years ago
0 likes

This seems to differ from the GoPro (mine's a Hero 7), which has good hardware but dire unsupported software. At the moment my software is working and you can still get the GPS data- that's vital for me. However, it could stop working at any moment and refuse to load- you can still get the video files out and edit using normal Windows tools, but I think it would then be a lot of work to sort out how to obtain the GPS.

IanGlasgow | 2 years ago
1 like

There's a Facebook group for Cycliq users.
Members report that the first batch of Fly6 gen3s sent out were faulty - they all leaked and stopped working if you used them in the rain.
Cycliq have acknowledged this and are now replacing them.
There were already production delays with the first batch - mainly due to the pandemic. This meant further delays while they solved the problem before manufacturing any more. And then further delays while they used the next batch to replace the ones sent out from the first batch. Which means most people have experienced three delays to thier order.

SimonAY replied to IanGlasgow | 2 years ago
0 likes

That's interesting. Got an email today saying it has cleared customs and should be here next week. Will probably spontaneously combust when I open the box now

hmjb | 2 years ago
0 likes

Been told it's stuck in Customs. Waiting....

shutuplegz | 2 years ago
0 likes

Same here, ordered November last year..... still waiting! Last email suggested June delivery but I'm not holding any hope.

hennie | 2 years ago
0 likes

I'm waiting for a June delivery but only paid early May. Having now read the reviews (why didn't I do that before?) I think it's more likely to be June 2022. Not very impressed and I haven't even started using it yet! 

update..... it arrived a week ago. It's great. I take it all back 😎

Armstrong's_balls replied to hennie | 2 years ago
0 likes

You think that's bad?

I ordered mine in August 2020 and it immediately failed.

I have only just received a replacement. They have severe supply issues.

Jaijai replied to Armstrong's_balls | 2 years ago
1 like
Armstrong's_balls wrote:

You think that's bad?

I ordered mine in August 2020 and it immediately failed.

I have only just received a replacement. They have severe supply issues.

I was November black Friday deal .
January delivery ended up being June ,1 ride and it was waterlogged .
Only now havea return number ,10 days between emails ,some the worst experience ever
I'll be selling it unopened as soon as it arrives
Noone should buy these

Latest Comments