Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cycling Jackets

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a quality waterproof cycling jacket that has particularly long sleeves. I have long arms and can't seem to find a jacket that comes down to the hands when I am stretched out.

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Richbeck | 3 years ago
0 likes

7mesh kit has long arms.

0-0 | 3 years ago
0 likes

I've got this one and I'm a man.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/GORE-WEAR-Womens-Active-Jackets/dp/B075S44DP6
Amazon is cheaper than Wiggle.
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-wear-c5-gore-tex-active-cycling-jacket

I think it's a unisex jacket. The description sometimes says it's a men's jacket and other times a lady's jacket.

Most customer reviews seem to moan about it having long sleeves.
They're just right for me.

Freddy56 | 3 years ago
0 likes

i'm tall and thin and the Galibier Tourmalet jacket fits great, there is some lycra extendable cuff thingy which make the arm fit great

melliott | 3 years ago
0 likes

Another expensive option is the Assos Sturmprinz has long arms with excellent cuffs. It's a great jacket, with plenty of venting - you don't overheat but it's not 100% waterproof. I've found that even in biblical rain I've been wet but very comfortable.

I've tried a number of jackets (Altura, Sportful, etc) and none of them are long enough for my simian-proportioned arms

IanEdward | 3 years ago
0 likes

Expensive answer? Gore Shakedry Stretch. Best fitting jacket I have ever worn, I didn't realise how important fit was until I spent 4 hours in the rain wearing this jacket, it was (almost) a pleasure.

However, the cat got mine, so while it's away getting repaired I bought a Galibier Tourmalet for almost exactly a quarter of the price of the Shakedry Stretch (£63). The fit of the Tourmalet is almost just as good, the material feels cheaper but it gets good reviews, so I'm looking forward to testing it out.

Sriracha replied to IanEdward | 3 years ago
1 like
IanEdward wrote:

However, the cat got mine, so while it's away getting repaired...

I'm not surprised the cat needed a repair - you must have been livid!

Oberon | 3 years ago
0 likes

I have long arms and the Castelli Emergency Rain Jacket (in 3XL) works for me.

Latest Comments