Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Computer game - Car Park Capital

//rodentguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/deterring-squirrels-from-cars-1152x648.jpg)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3031880/Car_Park_Capital/

The car industry needs you to design and build the greatest car parks that simple town life hasn't seen before. Introduce the need for car commuting and turn neighborhoods into car parks! Use propaganda to convince people to pay you for it. Fight people that see through your oily business.

The car industry has identified a few places on earth that do not know THE FREEDOM OF CAR DEPENDENCY.
So they hired you to increase car sales and oil consumption.
How? By building the greatest car parks ever!

Turn neighborhoods into car parks, create the need for car commuting and parking.
Use propaganda to inform people on why they need it.

Learn to become a real tycoon.. Asphalt means freedom, right?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

David9694 | 2 months ago
2 likes

Huge, if true. 

Move over Sim City!!

chrisonabike | 3 months ago
1 like

There's a version to start 'em young here!

(IIRC you were server-side but there's a blog here on how this was developed using a functional language which might interest? I liked the line on the pathfinding algorithm "Sometimes the cars choose to just enjoy a short drive with no destination" - sounds like a lifelike simulation!).

hawkinspeter replied to chrisonabike | 3 months ago
3 likes

chrisonabike wrote:

There's a version to start 'em young here!

(IIRC you were server-side but there's a blog here on how this was developed using a functional language which might interest? I liked the line on the pathfinding algorithm "Sometimes the cars choose to just enjoy a short drive with no destination" - sounds like a lifelike simulation!).

Yeah, I don't get involved in front end stuff at all. Most of my programming is done in BASH which I'd describe as a dysfunctional language

chrisonabike | 3 months ago
4 likes

I welcome the DfT's transparency in making part of their training available for all!

Latest Comments